General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Selling Chevy350 Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Selling Chevy350 Cutlass

hey everyone heres the situation. I have a 1981 Cutlass Supreme in great(and i mean great) condition with a chevy 350 in it with a slightly mild cam anyone have any idea what i should ask for it? i will post pics in the before the weekend is over
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:11 AM
ya'll come back now....

put an olds 350 in it...
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Probably nobody here is going to get excited about it since it has a Chevy motor in it. Once you have posted pictures, maybe somebody will give you an idea. Personally, I have no idea.
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 350\cutlass
hey everyone heres the situation. I have a 1981 Cutlass Supreme in great(and i mean great) condition with a chevy 350 in it with a slightly mild cam anyone have any idea what i should ask for it? i will post pics in the before the weekend is over
Problem with your post (as I see it) is that its very subjective based on your attachment to the car, and what you consider to be great condition. It would be really helpful to add information about what options the car has, the true mileage, maintenance records and the ever valuable pictures showing all angles, interior, engine bay, trunk etc. I had a 1982 Cutlass Supreme that was Dove gray with matching interior, buckets, console, AC, T top, power windows/locks/trunk, rallye gauges. It was swweeet except it had the 267 engine. Shoulda had a 350 but it was end of the year and special priced for clearance. $14,800.00 in 82. What would it be worth today? Check NADA, Blue Book or make some comparisons in local auto trader mags, then be prepared to discount them by 15-25%. Personally, I don't think an 81 Supreme is worth all that much today. It really depends on how bad someone wants it.

You must have a ball park figure of what you want to get out of it. What is the $$ number you're looking for? Check through the listings on the web, I see lots of these cars listed (forever) for prices they will not get. Not knowing what you've really got I don't want to suggest a price. Lots of times people list an old car thinking it's got collector car status or its rare, when in reality all they have is a common old car.