General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Referral for carb and fuel pump rebuilder.

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2011, 12:08 AM

Referral for carb and fuel pump rebuilder.

Hey everyone. I need to get my "new" 62 Starfire's carb and fuel pump rebuilt. They are both leaking pretty bad. The carb looks like it was rebuilt recently since it looks new and has the green paint on it. However, I guess the ethanol in the fuel is slowly destorying it. The fuel pump is leaking out of the vent? hole on the side closest to the pass fender.

Anyway, I know USA parts supply rebuilds stuff, but I wanted to get advice from others. I read somewhere about a great carb rebuilder, but I forgot to add the page to my favorites. Any info would be great! I would like to finally get my car on the road and not risk having it go up in flames. I have only owned this car for a month or so, but still haven't driven it anywhere yet. Thanks to everyone in advance!!
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:46 AM

I've sent them my Chevy and Mopar pumps, and they were always back in a couple of days. Granted I am in CT, and they are in MA, the service was fast, and they did a great job on the pumps. I prefer to only use the OEM original casting, and replacing all the innards... I have no experience on any of the other services that they offer. I asked about water pumps and was told that they send them out for rebuilding. Their specialty appears to be fuel pumps. Price was reasonable for quality work.

Then and Now website

447 Washington St
Weymouth, MA. 02188
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm EST at: 781-335-8860

Old September 8th, 2011, 06:11 AM

I will check them out and ask em for a quote. I would like to get my own pump back if possible since it has the vac line to run my heater controls.

There were someone else that did good jobs on carbs but for the life of me, I can't re find that post. I am not sure if it was in aaca.org or here.. but I guess ppl could reinstall their carbs with no adjustments bec they were calibrated that well. Thanks for the info!
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM

Junkman, do they rebuild fuel pumps with the crimped cover? Or only the screw-together kind? I looked at their website and think I know the answer, but it's not 100% clear.