General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Range of market value on OAI hood and Air Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2014, 09:07 AM

Range of market value on OAI hood and Air Cleaner

Guys I will be listing soon some damaged original 70 OAI W-25 stuff off the junk Rallye. The OAI air cleaner and Hood. The air cleaner has some rust through where the element lays in one section and the plastic top edge where the foam attaches a section is busted off about 2 inches. The hood has some rust on the sheet metal under the front part of it and some big cracks here and there , a bullet hole plus a chunk of fiberglass missing on passenger fender edge but the metal underneath is intact plus one of the hood locks is missing. The brackets for the hood locks on the core support are there and I will sell those with the other two items as a lot together hopefully. The hood may be fairly easy to fix as it is still straight over all. With the new hoods out there available I assume that lowered the value of original stuff and this not worth near what it would have been otherwise had it not been damaged . So can anyone give any examples of what some damaged original stuff sold for ? The other car I am getting has a good original hood and a new OAI air cleaner
Thanks and pics to follow soon.

Last edited by GEARMAN69; October 9th, 2014 at 09:38 AM.