General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Raggtopp?

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2018, 04:44 AM

Raggtopp?

I just had my seat covers replaced and while it was in there I had the upholsterer replace the wire-on on my convertible top. Afterwards, we were talking about the care of the white top (I have been using bleche white). He said to just use Ajax for cleaning it, and to use a product called "Raggtopp" to condition and waterproof it. I had never heard of this stuff before. Have any of you used it?

By the way, I already know that some of you are rolling your eyes out there because I had someone else replace the seat covers instead of doing it myself. But, the guy does great work and for $500, he took off the old, sandblasted and repainted the frame, supplied his own foam and put the new covers on (I had already bought those earlier). For saving me from having to do it myself in 95 degree heat, it was worth the price and then some.

Back on topic...has anyone heard of Raggtopp?
Old July 12th, 2018, 06:15 AM

Yup definitely heard of it. Fella at Syracuse nationals last yr said I could use same product on my 71 convertible. Its available on Amazon in kit form w brush, cleaner and sealer. I ended up using 303 protectant instead since my autozone carries it.
check utube for videos on both products, both very highly rated .
Old July 12th, 2018, 06:27 AM

I use it and like it. If you have a dirty top a brush will make a better and easier job. I don't like getting the stuff on paint so I use plastic to protect the paint.
The top which was really dirty was a 67 Cutlass Turnpike Cruiser which I had a few years ago. The top was original! I hadn't discovered Raggtopp yet. I used a vinyl cleaner and a brush.
The yellow car was a couple years back. Replacement top which hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I used Raggtopp cleaner (and a brush) and protectant, I really like it.
https://www.google.com/search?source....0.3HUUO4i5nTE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dirty top 001.JPG (205.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg
CLEAN TOP.jpg (1.27 MB, 5 views)

Last edited by 66luvr; July 12th, 2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old July 12th, 2018, 06:44 AM

I guess that I will give it a look see. I still have some bleche white left and have been very happy with how well it cleans and whitens the top, but I have been looking for something to condition it afterwards. For $25 on Amazon, I'll try it out.