General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Post moved from General forum

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2023, 05:38 PM

Post moved from General forum

Here we go again, I place a general question about brake fluid and it gets moved. I put it in the General section to get the most replies and advise that I could.
Currently there are 10 posts about Cutlasses in the General forum, why haven't they been moved to the Cutlass forum.
Are you going to create a "BITICHIN" forum to move this to so that no one sees it.
Old May 17th, 2023, 06:16 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by dennis_30281
Here we go again, I place a general question about brake fluid and it gets moved. I put it in the General section to get the most replies and advise that I could.
Currently there are 10 posts about Cutlasses in the General forum, why haven't they been moved to the Cutlass forum.
Are you going to create a "BITICHIN" forum to move this to so that no one sees it.
Sorry, I'm not following. I recall your brake fluid question was answered in the other brake forum because I was considering answering it myself when others then answered already. I thought it was answered?
Old May 17th, 2023, 06:45 PM

If I had to guess..a specific question such as brake fluid NOT being in the "brakes section would warrant the move. If it was a generalized question that, amongst the conversation had brake fluid brought up, then I would see warranting it staying in the "general" section.

At least that's how it was when I was heavily active in other forums and in constant communication with those admins.
Old May 17th, 2023, 06:53 PM
Old School Olds

The easiest way to see a post is click new posts and they all come up, it doesn't matter what forum. That's what I do when I come on.
If it's an interesting topic, folks will see it and respond or not. When I leave, I mark forums read under the quick links tab so there are not 6 dozen
to read when I come back on. Works well for me anyway. Good luck with the bitching thing though, that might not work out as well.
Old May 17th, 2023, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
The easiest way to see a post is click new posts and they all come up, it doesn't matter what forum. That's what I do when I come on.
If it's an interesting topic, folks will see it and respond or not. When I leave, I mark forums read under the quick links tab so there are not 6 dozen
to read when I come back on. Works well for me anyway. Good luck with the bitching thing though, that might not work out as well.
exactly. I've actually steered away from some forums that don't have those options (new posts/mark read).
Old May 18th, 2023, 03:38 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
That's exactly what I've been doing every day, several times a day, for years. Works great..
Old May 18th, 2023, 04:44 AM

Didn't know about the new posts tab. Thanks for the tip.

I've been of the opinion that this board has about 3500 too many subforums for a long time.
Old May 18th, 2023, 06:11 AM

Damn if its about brakes it goes in the chassis brake forum..why is that a problem? If everyone used general discussion for everything “ so they maximize views” then boy would that be a damn mess.. as one user stated, use new posts like many of us do..relax brother…its only cars