General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Order options

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2010, 09:20 AM

Order options

First you need to look at my profile pic. That's my Cutty. A bare bones grocery gettin' granny car. She's a no A/C, AM radio, bare bones 32K mile survivor. I'm looking at raising the rear profile of the car which I have addressed in the suspension section. Second, I'm going to add some 14X7 SSIII's. My question is if this bare bones baby rolled out of the lot like she is now (in the pic) and I added the SSIII's....what other options would it have had as part of that part group....the SSIII's? The thing I love here is that I can add factory options and nobody will ever be able to tell if it was factory of not. As Olds threw out the build sheets as I understand. Unlike my '78 Z28 that I have that everyone in thier brother knows that the build sheet can be found behind the rear seat. And as much as I love my rare optioned Z, I love my Cutty even better! So in 1973, if I ordered SS II's or III's what else came with that parts group? Sport mirrors perhaps?
Old January 24th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Trying to remember member

Suit yourself, but if you want bragging rights for having an unusual *and* original car, you can save yourself a lot of work and $$ and keep it original. Anybody can add options, but it only came one way, and it can only be original once. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing on a nice original car like that!

To answer your question, nothing came as a "group" like that except the W29 442 appearance package and the Y60 Convenience Group (interior lighting). And the W29 package did not include any wheel upgrades.
Old January 24th, 2010, 12:45 PM

For what it's worth keep it like granny bought it. The photo looks lovely. I am in the same boat, my 75 Cutlass was purchased new by my mom and so far just like she brought it home. [IMG][/IMG] Andy