General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

OPGI Discount code ??

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM

OPGI Discount code ??

Anyone have a current OPGI Discount code ???

Someone said there was a 20% off for the holidays, but I'm assuming that expired.
Any one know what it was or any other one's ??

2011 Jan had a code for 25% of J25A. Don't work on the items I need tho.
Looks like it took the code tho.

Last edited by Aceshigh; January 2nd, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:58 PM

I just checked the website, it goes until jan 4. I dont see a code.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM

From their email:

Ends Jan 4 at midnight - enter code "2012" at checkout or when calling in.

*Up to 20% off current retail prices. Please check our website for current pricing. This sale does not include already discounted kit items, individual kit-swap-savings products, high-performance or parts that are already on sale, unless indicated. Some products may not be eligible for discount or full discount. No adjustments on previous purchases. Notice: Items in this sale will not earn Frequent Buyer Points. This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
Offer expires Wednesday, January 4th, 2011 11:59:59 p.m. PST.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
From their email:

Ends Jan 4 at midnight - enter code "2012" at checkout or when calling in.
*Up to 20% off current retail prices.
No disrespect intended but their "discount' makes their prices closer to the same as others 'regular' price. There are very few things from OPGI that I can't get elsewhere for less. I do check their site periodically to see what they have available and for what price. I comparison shop to get the best deal. Far as I know, the products are the same as those at Fusicks, Year One, Parts Place, Tamraz, Supercars etc

However, to each their own when choosing suppliers.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
delete

Does anyone know if OPGI has been putting any codes out? I am interested in something that they are the only ones I see listing.
Old March 27th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

OPGI has some of the highest aftermarket pricing next to Year One for similar products. I've never seen them with discount codes, but they do have 'sales' that don't appear to be listed anywhere except on select items. What are you looking for?
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Hey Allen,
Are all these parts the same? Meaning are they all pretty much similar in material used and quality. I know once I saw Fusick had some back up light housings way cheaper then OPGI. I called OPGI to see if they would price match and they basically said they are not the same quality so no. I went with Fusick and they are metal and sturdy like factory. Just wondering how much different are these parts between the shops.
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
No disrespect intended but their "discount' makes their prices closer to the same as others 'regular' price. There are very few things from OPGI that I can't get elsewhere for less. I do check their site periodically to see what they have available and for what price. I comparison shop to get the best deal. Far as I know, the products are the same as those at Fusicks, Year One, Parts Place, Tamraz, Supercars ....
Ya.. And don't forget OPGI's shipping charges. OPGI ships (or atleast calcs their shipping charges) from the west coast so if you're east of the Mississippi, they'll hammer you...
Old March 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM
delete

Originally Posted by leroycjr
Hey Allen,
Are all these parts the same? Meaning are they all pretty much similar in material used and quality.
Mostly the parts are the same. Its a small mkt so you can't see the economics of these companies paying for tooling and dealing with different manufacturers, but some vendors wikll have parts not available elsewhere. As a rule of thumb, Fusick is very good.

@ OPGI I was looking at this tach. Its not a stock replacement so IDK if anyone else will carry it. I see they have it and GM Sports Salvage.

http://www.opgi.com/p/interior-trim/...4/BL00570.html

Another word of caution on OPGI's back orders. Ages ago they had a sale & I ordered a car cover. I waited more than a month & it never came in. When I asked they said that they don't make specific part # orders to their supplier. When the supplier happens to send them one it would come to me.
Old March 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by droptopron
@ OPGI I was looking at this tach. Its not a stock replacement so IDK if anyone else will carry it. I see they have it and GM Sports Salvage.
http://www.opgi.com/p/interior-trim/...4/BL00570.html
That tach is often on ebay. GM Sports Salvage (manufacturer) has the same tach for 195.00 regular price. This same tach was discussed on another thread here and the buyer wasn't really happy with it. Said the pod was cheaply made. Check this thread to review what was said.
GM Sports Tachometer
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:06 PM

If you register on OPGI's site they will email sales promotions seemingly monthly. Never bothered to check if it was the same deal you would get otherwise.
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:36 PM
delete

15% PROMO GOING ON NOW (up to 15% off, not 15% off everything)

http://www.opgi.com/promotion-details.asp

Last edited by droptopron; April 6th, 2013 at 05:59 PM.