General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oldsmobile picture gallery

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Runner

Oldsmobile picture gallery

I just wanted to share a little on this new feature I've added to my site. Everyone likes looking at great car pictures, so I've created the function that lets people upload ONLY high resolution photos (min width of 800px). Images that can be used for desktop backgrounds or whatever and really just show off their cars.

Some other features are
  • Voting system. Viewers can vote up or down any images. This can make it a fun little competition on which cars are cooler
  • Sharing code for the page, the image, or message boards. the BBC code link can be copied and pasted (no edit at all required) into message board post and the images will be displayed correctly
  • Automatic resizing of images with direct links (full size, standard desktop, and thumbnail)
  • Commenting on images.
  • Automatically shows similar cars that may have been for sale at some point
  • Ability to filter through the pics by year, model, color, or keywords.
Unfortunately, to make sure I could monitor what gets uploaded (i.e. make sure its car related), I had to make uploading images a feature only available to site members.

I like looking at "photoshoot" quality pictures of other Olds so I figured why not make a place for people to share them. I hope people like the idea, I think it would be cool to eventually get this big collection of just awesome Oldsmobile photos.

If you have any thoughts, issues, feature request, etc... just let me know.

Link to page: http://www.oldsmobilecentral.com/pics/