General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

oldsmobile and bopc at 41 in september 2014 sing up listing.

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2014, 07:24 PM
jfb

oldsmobile and bopc at 41 in september 2014 sing up listing.

hey guys here it is we 150 to 300 people plus I have an idea with buick also. we will if enough people meet at us 41 in morocco Indiana in September 2014. let this thread go on guys we need it by memorial day no later and maybe we will have a buick club there also. racing carshow etc we will have the place to ourselves that day. jfb
Old March 1st, 2014, 07:26 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Make some promotional flyers . I would include the Pontiac and buick guys they always come in full force specially the GN guys and the GS guys.
Old March 6th, 2014, 08:00 AM
jfb

I contacted a friend in a buick club already copper. I am hoping that enough step up by the middle of may for registration purposes. I will discuss with 41 or no limit after that point about a permanent pay pal account that can only be used by 41 and checked in on by all for peace of mind. I believe after labor day prices for track rentals due become more reasonable,. I worked with a bunch of racers in the past and have tried this at different times it will be a lot of fun with several events going on the same day we need to make it happen though.
Old March 9th, 2014, 10:59 AM
jfb

no takers yet come on have some pride guys, buick clubs do and have indicated some interest already lets roll. and sign up.
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:05 PM

You are better off creating a flyer for the event and posting on ROP since there is more racers there. I'm in but idk what is required.
Old March 15th, 2014, 07:50 PM
jfb

hey copper I appreciate the fact that your for this if nothing works out we could talk about a race day in fall, I tried to hook up on rop but the system is screwed up. I posted on rop last year and this then happened.
Old March 16th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Engine Builder

At this point in time that's the wrong side of Indiana for me. I guess it would ultimately depend on when you end up doing it.
Old March 16th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Engine Builder

Oh, and ROP is down again. Might have to do with upgrades so people can post pictures again. Just a guess though.
Old March 22nd, 2014, 08:47 PM
jfb

thanks man I appreciate the info I hope we get enough people for it at 41 maybe this can still happen though.
Old April 8th, 2014, 07:43 PM
jfb

hey guys I have talked to several types of clubs and some have shown interest lets roll this could be a lot of fun.
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:45 PM
jfb

hey guys time is running out and this is embarrassing to us as a group already. I do not see the big deal in running and having a good time. I have since 2nd or 3rd hand ownership with these cars race anywhere anytime they were built for this and will not break down etc when racing. I would teach that day also for reaction times it will come easily. I have reaction times in the five ten area and it was easy for me with concentration. lets roll 2 other clubs have shown interest and they are ricers we have more pride then that guys. by the way I understand about long distance hauling costs etc this is a call out for people within about a hundred and fifty miles of Chicago and this is not bracket racing either. I do not bracket race or prefer it. this is for pure fun.
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:33 PM

So where do we sign up?
Old April 16th, 2014, 03:10 PM
jfb

thanks nick I need to see a decent amount of people and around june 1st then I can set this up your reply is what is needed at this time and everyone elses. if a decent amount is not there then maybe locals can meet but mix with the pack there. jfb tell your friends then post here.
Old April 16th, 2014, 03:28 PM

Ha, I'm the only "car guy" in my group of friends. I would definitely attend this, and possibly make new friends while there!
Old April 17th, 2014, 01:23 PM

would prefer the cooler air of Oct or Nov, but I would need to know which weekend in Sept. right now, two of my weekends are booked
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by jfb
sing up listing.
Man, this is the first time I've ever seen a car show where you have to sing in order to attend.
Old April 17th, 2014, 04:47 PM

I would like to go but my 88 isn't exactly a racer.and if it is the third weekend there's no way because have car show that whole weekend(frog follies) but any other time is not a problem.Would like to help any way I can there's a buick,olds,Pontiac club here in Evansville I will let them know.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:01 PM
jfb

thanks guys I need to see a good number on here by memorial day weekend, then I will contact the track and set up a ebay account for them and we will all see it and then they can take what they need. I want this to be fun for all with zero hassles. time is of the essence the weekend I am shooting for is the last weekend and the air is crisp then. let your friends use your password and put there names and a yes I am in. we need about 150 to 300 for real reasonable prices. this will pay for your gas and tolls also with the lower price, I hit the wrong button with the original sign up note also. lets go it will be a lot of fun.
Old April 19th, 2014, 08:04 PM
jfb

Exclamation

Originally Posted by hoosiergasser
I would like to go but my 88 isn't exactly a racer.and if it is the third weekend there's no way because have car show that whole weekend(frog follies) but any other time is not a problem.Would like to help any way I can there's a buick,olds,Pontiac club here in Evansville I will let them know.
thanks buddy let them use your password and there names and I am in we need numbers by memorial day or rentals can get hairy.
Old April 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM
jfb

time is running short around a month guys we need numbers on here so I can put this into play.
Old April 26th, 2014, 07:58 PM

I'm in long as the price is reasonable.
Old April 27th, 2014, 09:00 AM

Guys here is a thought . July5th the buick guys are running their own little get together along with a general test and tune at route 66. you guys should try to talk to the chicagoland area buick club to let you guys in and you guys could have a buick vs. olds race just for a trophy or whatever. Im not gonna lie buick guys come out in full force even more so that the Pontiac guys and a lot of them are heavy hitters small tire 10 sec cars lol. I think that would be a better option rt66 actually is cheap to run at. I think they lowered their prices run cards are 25 bucks even if you have the pay the spectator fee its still cheaper than the grove. F**k that place. You can also hit the Pontiac forums. The chicagoland buick club also goes to the Byron bop and they have their own little shoot out with in the race but they seem pretty open to the rest of the bopc crowd. Not to mention its going to be 4th of july weekend so no one works Friday so lots of guys will be looking to get the cars out. I would go to that to hang out. Great track close enough to home .

Last edited by coppercutlass; April 27th, 2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:13 AM
jfb

I work scheduled Saturdays period copper and since you are in the trade you know what 1 man out means about 25 percent loss of production and a pissed boss. I was planning a sunday in late September period. by the way if you know buick guys or Pontiac have them use your code if wanted and have them sign up here. I need numbers by may 24th or we fly as a small group. I have tried in different circles with no luck obviously and need some help with the number needed. this is for all to enjoy. The shop I work at does not expect people calling in or bs.
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:06 PM
jfb

tic toc tic toc time is running out guys lets go for the last sunday in September. wehave 2 weeks left and I only have 34 for now. the cost for even 40 is about 25 over the gate fee. this would not make sense to do. thanks to all for any interest though.
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:07 PM
jfb

1 week to go we still need about 110 or more 60 minimum guys this could be a lot of fun guys. I am surprised by the low turnout here guys it seemed that a lot more were the go type I have read a lot of posts here on this site and am really surprised by the dismal numbers on this post.
Old May 25th, 2014, 07:14 AM
jfb

This is officially closed. I have posted here 2 times about this and have had very little interest. I have read most posts about people who race here and am very surprised by the dismal numbers. I want to thank all who showed interest in this they understand the true American spirit in these cars,These cars were built to run and do not break down running except for excessive rpm. This is what starts the negative side to this hobby,no excitement but to many car shows. I will see the true around the tracks this year. We really are a big group and this was about racing,carshows,drifting and female bikini contests. this would have been a blast for all and much needed excitement for our make. This could have helped parts sources etc also guys and it was let loose for no real reason. good luck jfb.