General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

NON reproduced parts

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2014, 01:17 PM

NON reproduced parts

Who and where do you guys call for parts that are not reproduced? I am looking for a rear window deck panel for a 1971 cutlass s
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Just an Olds Guy

On this site there are quite a few guys who part out cars
Some that come to mind

jensenracing77, 507OLDS, oldspackrat, 2blue442, 1001coins etc. Search the Parts for sale and you'll get a better idea.

You can also check out ebay, CL, kijiji etc and find people who are parting out cars. Check with them to see if they have something else in their inventory. The deck panel you're looking for - should be the same for 68-72 cutlass models.

EDIT: Just noticed you are in IN. So are jensenracing (brazil) and oldspackrat (Indianapolis)
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:45 PM

I have gotten parts from Scott before , he is checking to see if he has a descent one. I put a post in the parts wanted but didn't get any response so I thought I would see if there were other places I could call
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Mr. Johnson

The package tray? They repop them if thats the piece you speak of.
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM

No it is the panel from the rear window to the weather strip edge under the trunk lid
Old May 16th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by kwhitehead
I have gotten parts from Scott before , he is checking to see if he has a descent one. I put a post in the parts wanted but didn't get any response so I thought I would see if there were other places I could call
Hope Scott can come through for you. The bad thing about these old cars is they would leak around the window seals at the back too. Unless the car had really good butyl applied or wasn't in the weather all the time, a lot of the donors could have compromised metal. Between Brian, Eric, Scott and Tom (Oldsberet442??) they should be able to come up with something for you. I know Tom just got a 72 Supreme in and from the pics the back window area looked good.
Old May 16th, 2014, 06:36 PM

thanks for your help, got the car for my 15 year old son and he gets his license next spring so Im working hard to get it done
Old May 16th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow! You're some special kind of Dad to be doing this for your son. I hope he appreciates you, the time, labor and effort you're putting into this, and the history of the brand when it's done. Is he helping you with this project? Tip of the hat to you, sir!
Old May 16th, 2014, 07:04 PM

Ya I cannt go out to the garage without him , he has seen pics of the 70 442 I had and wants his to look the same. He is a good kid straight A's and very respectful of anything we do for him, he gives half of his pay check every week for parts ($20) but at least he is trying
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by kwhitehead
Ya I cannt go out to the garage without him , he has seen pics of the 70 442 I had and wants his to look the same. He is a good kid straight A's and very respectful of anything we do for him, he gives half of his pay check every week for parts ($20) but at least he is trying
Very impressive. .. Most kids today don't know what a job or a paycheck is, clearly you taught your boy well. Congrats on the build and your son.
Old May 17th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DLaz70OLDS98
Very impressive. .. Most kids today don't know what a job or a paycheck is, clearly you taught your boy well. Congrats on the build and your son.
x2, it's becoming a rarity where todays youth are interested in the older cars.
Old May 17th, 2014, 05:48 AM

Yes! Something he and yourself will always remember doing together.I would bet that 30 years from now he will still own this car.
Old May 17th, 2014, 07:51 AM

Goodmark # 4560 710 70 Listed for Supreme though you might be able to use the glass channel portion of it rather than fabbing if you have "normal" body style. A used one might be nice as the molding pins would already be there.

We used one of these on the red car that we bought for my kid when he was 13-14. He put in a good amount of sweat equity and registered it in time for senior prom 2 weeks before he graduated high school. He still seems to love it 5 years later.