General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

No more Olds!!

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2016, 03:33 PM

No more Olds!!

Well, for the first time in many years, there is not an Oldsmobile in my garage. M last 442 project just moved soo slow and I never did get over the hump. Somewhere along the way I got an itch for something a little more modern to drive and have a little fun. So, found a new home for the 72 and bought a 2002 Trans Am WS6. Totally out of character for me and might even be my first Pontiac ever .... and with an LS1 motor to boot.

Anyway, the new ride is fun and so far reliable but less than 3 months in, I'm already searching Oldsmobile's again! I'll be back, just not sure when. I already own a truck, an Acura commuter car and the TA so pretty sure the wife ain't gonna be ok with another Olds at this point!!!

Thanks for all the help and advice over the years!

Happy Motoring!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20161113_172243.jpg (2.93 MB, 49 views)
20161127_154654.jpg (2.12 MB, 38 views)
20161127_154729.jpg (2.12 MB, 32 views)
Old December 5th, 2016, 03:35 PM

I totally understand. I've been looking at an IROC Convertible.
But those WS6 cars are awesome vehicles.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:31 PM
same but different

I can understand too. I really dig Pontiac old and new..er. I might have done the same at some point. When you get back into an olds you'll already know what stuff to look for. Way ahead of the guy just getting into it.
Old December 5th, 2016, 06:51 PM

It happens, love my Old's but I went to the oriental side a few months ago and am having a blast with my 91 Miata roaster, Not a hot rod, just a fun car to drive. I like it so much I keep looking for another one and I'm not sure why as yet (maybe turbocharged or a V8 conversion) You gotta live like you are dying or life all becomes mundane..... Tedd
Attached Images
New Melones Lake.jpg (426.8 KB, 19 views)
DSC00311.JPG (3.02 MB, 19 views)
Old December 5th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Administrator

I like the WS6 cars. Almost bought one years ago.
Old December 5th, 2016, 07:30 PM

The main problem I have with the 93-02 F bodies is having to hang over the front end without leaning on it and breaking the plastic body parts. Every time I work on my 94 25th Anniversary Trans Am my back and knees end up hurting. Very fun and fast car to drive though. It is much easier to work on the IROC -Z.
Old December 6th, 2016, 05:22 AM

That's a cool Pontiac. I'm sure you will come back to Olds when you find the right one.
Old December 6th, 2016, 11:01 AM
delete

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
I like it so much I keep looking for another one and I'm not sure why as yet (maybe turbocharged or a V8 conversion) You gotta live like you are dying or life all becomes mundane..... Tedd

http://monstermiata.webs.com/v8monsterkit.htm
Old December 6th, 2016, 02:09 PM

Yep, been looking at that site and others. Might happen sooner than later if I find a good bodied parts car.... Tedd
Old December 8th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

My only problem is the back end on those cars, otherwise awesome. In that I mean the bubble tail lights and that miserable 7.625" rear. Cmon GM they came out of the gate with 275 HP and just climbed from there. I seriously considered one but those two things, the glorified 7.5" rear especially made me say no thanks, ruined an otherwise very nice car.
Old December 8th, 2016, 02:42 PM

Yeah, like most cars, I'm sure they have their flaws. Sure doesn't drive like my wife's Camry! But, for me, I won't be thrashing it so not worried about the rear end crapping out. Mainly just a grocery getter and around town cruiser. My Hot Rodding days are behind me. I'm sure that the serious performance minded younger crowd have some issues with the car but as I said, I'm just about having a little fun! Put a little gas in the tank, take the tops off and slide in some Eagles, Ozzy or Jackson Browne and enjoy life!

Ted, love that Miata. I drive an Acura Integra to work every day and those little cars are a real blast to drive...and the gas gauge hardly moves in them . Anyway, enjoy it and good luck in your search for #2!!!
Old December 8th, 2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by scott_442
Yeah, like most cars, I'm sure they have their flaws. Sure doesn't drive like my wife's Camry! But, for me, I won't be thrashing it so not worried about the rear end crapping out. Mainly just a grocery getter and around town cruiser. My Hot Rodding days are behind me. I'm sure that the serious performance minded younger crowd have some issues with the car but as I said, I'm just about having a little fun! Put a little gas in the tank, take the tops off and slide in some Eagles, Ozzy or Jackson Browne and enjoy life!

Ted, love that Miata. I drive an Acura Integra to work every day and those little cars are a real blast to drive...and the gas gauge hardly moves in them . Anyway, enjoy it and good luck in your search for #2!!!
Drove it to Idaho a month ago, not a bad ride once you twist your body into the midget cockpit.Took it to 85 MPH and left it there for a few hours through Northern California and Oregon, top down for most of it. I'm sold... Tedd