General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

A nice day for a drive

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:51 AM

A nice day for a drive

Just got done reading some of the complaining on here about stuff that really is just stuff.

Anyway, it is only 30 degrees right now (8:45am) but clear and sunny. Forecast is for in the 60's for the next few days. I see having to fill up the convertible and take her out for a drive several times over the next week. I hope you all have a really wonderful day and get to have something today to enjoy greatly!

Have a blessed day!

Larry
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:13 AM
morgan

its 28 degrees here today... a heat wave. yesterday i put the carb on and went to the gas station and bought a gallon of 93 octane to eyedrop into the bowl... this afternoon i want to start it up at least, i cant drive it because of snow piles everwhere and more snow on the way this winter has been rough and i'm going out of my mind...so at least i can start it up...put a doors or stones 8track in and listen to the engine run
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:50 AM

Temps in the 50's here yesterday. Took mine for a short top up spin. I get to drive it to Raleigh tomorrow to get the new top put on. Pogo I did not even turn the radio on. Hearing it run was music enough!
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
morgan

Originally Posted by Sampson
Temps in the 50's here yesterday. Took mine for a short top up spin. I get to drive it to Raleigh tomorrow to get the new top put on. Pogo I did not even turn the radio on. Hearing it run was music enough!

I have ocd...i need to multi-task
Old March 3rd, 2015, 11:58 AM
morgan

well this is as far as i got, finished the carb...opened the garage door...started to freeze...closed the garage door and came back inside no start today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMAG0905.jpg (63.1 KB, 28 views)
IMAG0906.jpg (18.8 KB, 26 views)
Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:20 PM
Old School Olds

Looks good from under the hood Pogo...not out the garage door. I don't know
how you guys stand it year after year. Our average high hi today is supposed
to be 68. 60 today, 38 with freezing rain, sleet and possibly snow for Weds-Thurs.
I think the fellas up DFW way are gonna catch it again. Nothing like you guys up
in the NE are getting, geeze.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:27 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by tru-blue 442
Looks good from under the hood Pogo...not out the garage door. I don't know
how you guys stand it year after year. Our average high hi today is supposed
to be 68. 60 today, 38 with freezing rain, sleet and possibly snow for Weds-Thurs.
I think the fellas up DFW way are gonna catch it again. Nothing like you guys up
in the NE are getting, geeze.
I have lived in CT all my life, when i was younger winter was not bad...even fun i used to be able to go out in a t shirt in 20 degree weather, now in my mid fifties i'm realizing half the year is wasted because of limited outside activity.... I envy you guys down in the south
Old March 3rd, 2015, 12:41 PM
Old School Olds

It gets plenty hot here in the Summertime, and with the humidity, we sweat buckets.
If you guys ever get a chance to visit Central Texas, especially the Highland Lakes, I highly recommend it. I grew up in the Panhandle of TX, Winters get cold and the damn wind blows ALL the time. It was a culture shock for me when we moved down 25 yrs ago. It has really grown a lot in
that time as well. Folks down here are really laid back too. We Love it.

Last edited by tru-blue 442; March 3rd, 2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:01 PM

I can't even get to my car, there's a huge pile of snow blocking the door.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:16 PM
morgan

Originally Posted by Destructor
i spent about an hour yesterday chopping the ice in front of the garage door so i could open it, the snow in the gutters has turned to ice so the overflow has iced the door frozen...were not as bad off as Massachusetts though
Old March 3rd, 2015, 04:44 PM
Old School Olds

Originally Posted by Destructor
That would just SUCK.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 05:32 PM

It was nearly 80 this past weekend so I got to drive a bit. It's raining now and the temp has dropped, but it's supposed to get near 80 again by next week.

That's about how long winter lasts around here. Unfortunately, by the time some of you folks are digging your cars out I will be hiding mine for the duration of the blistering 5 months of hell on earth that is summer in Phoenix.

Last edited by Fun71; March 3rd, 2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
It was nearly 80 this past weekend so I got to drive a bit. It's raining now and the temp has dropped, but it's supposed to get near 80 again by next week.

That's about how long winter lasts around here. Unfortunately, by the time some of you folks are digging your cars out I will be hiding mine for the duration of the blistering 5 months of hell on earth that is summer in Phoenix.
When it get's much above 80 here, it's to hot for me! I like 65-75 range, however, I have grown to hate winter. The last 2 have been let's say not good.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by ziff396
When it get's much above 80 here, it's to hot for me!
You would hate it here for sure. During the summer I keep the AC in my house set to 80º and think that's cool!
Old March 4th, 2015, 12:35 AM

Its 80 here now (and for the next week or so)but after a few days of over 100 its a nice relief. As I have never seen snow I cannot comprehend how cold it is or how little you can be outside.
We complain about the 120 wet days we get a year ( less than 22 inches)!

Scott

Old March 4th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Rocket Renegade!

The weather around here has been nice enough to drive (getting toward 60 or so), but the roads are still slathered with salt, since they lay it on thick every time it gets within ten degrees of freezing. Pisses me off. Gotta wait for a good heavy rain first.
Old March 4th, 2015, 03:57 AM

I’m currently renting a garage to store my Cutlass, my garage is being used as a staging area for a home renovation project which has come to almost a standstill because of the weekly snowstorms. The piles on either side of my driveway are over five ft high and there is at least 4 ft in the yard. Luckily by being at the top of a hill every storm with high winds has been keeping the snow from piling up on the roof. The person whom I rent the garage that the Cutlass is in finally shoveled off the roof this past weekend which added to the pile blocking the door. At least the cold keeps the moisture down, its cold storage. I smartly moved my firewood supply just outside the door before the storms came. The best hundred bucks I spent this year was on an old beater of a snow blower which goes through two ft of snow very well. I was forced to buy real snow tires for my 07 Grand Marquis this year, it’s the first winter that I’ve used it. I usually keep it park through the winter.

Last edited by Destructor; March 4th, 2015 at 03:59 AM.
Old March 4th, 2015, 04:49 AM

We are supposed to have rain here all day, and then another 5-8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow morning. Needless to say, my cutlass is not coming out to play.

ROAD SALT...BAD!!!
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Old School Olds

You guys ready for the next one? It is winding up and headed for us 1st.
Tonite and tomorrow. Then we'll send it your way. Good luck, it sure
looks like another beeotch. I found my retirement spot right here.
Not to say I wouldn't like a little cabin in the rolling woods around Lake Fork.
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Randy C.

The west coast has had a very mild winter this year thus far. When it is supposed to be raining all the time, we are supposed to have sunny to partly cloudy skies for the next week, with highs reaching into the low 60s here in Olympia. That's practically unheard of most of the time. I sure do like it, although the "authorities" are complaining that the snow pack this year is only about 30% of normal. But the flowers are blooming and the trees are budding about a month early this year. And, yes, I did get my baby out for a couple of spins over the last week!

Randy C.
Attached Images
0222151458a.jpg (60.7 KB, 7 views)
Old March 4th, 2015, 06:43 AM
morgan

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5
The west coast has had a very mild winter this year thus far. When it is supposed to be raining all the time, we are supposed to have sunny to partly cloudy skies for the next week, with highs reaching into the low 60s here in Olympia. That's practically unheard of most of the time. I sure do like it, although the "authorities" are complaining that the snow pack this year is only about 30% of normal. But the flowers are blooming and the trees are budding about a month early this year. And, yes, I did get my baby out for a couple of spins over the last week!

Randy C.
very nice car...and nice green grass
Old March 4th, 2015, 08:39 AM

Yes we have had a very mild winter here in the Northwest. that is nice for now but this summer we will for sure suffer with very little snow pack. I will enjoy what we have now for sure. Here is two of them warming up for an outing. They say we will be in the high 60's and maybe even 70's this next week so that top will be down for sure.
Attached Images
20150303_090647.jpg (76.5 KB, 9 views)
Old March 4th, 2015, 04:26 PM

Drove mine Top Down today. temps around 75. Took it into town to get a new top put on. Can't wait to get it back. Temps supposed to be in low 30's tomorrow. Here in North Carolina, if you do not like the weather, just wait a day it will change.