General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Neutra/ back up light switchl

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Neutra/ back up light switchl

I'm trying to get my bu lights working with a new B&M shifter. I have the neutral safety switch done but I can't seem to locate the back-up wires. Are they on the neutral safety switch? I see that the neutral switch has a plug for the neutral switch, is the other plug for the back-up light switch? This is driving me nuts. I tried checking the wiring on my Nova but to no luck, too cramped in the shop.
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:09 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Dokks74
I'm trying to get my bu lights working with a new B&M shifter. I have the neutral safety switch done but I can't seem to locate the back-up wires. Are they on the neutral safety switch? I see that the neutral switch has a plug for the neutral switch, is the other plug for the back-up light switch? This is driving me nuts. I tried checking the wiring on my Nova but to no luck, too cramped in the shop.
Yes, both functions are on the NSS. The two heavy gauge purple wires are for the NSS function. The two green wires are for the backup lights.
Old November 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Yes, both functions are on the NSS. The two heavy gauge purple wires are for the NSS function. The two green wires are for the backup lights.
Thank you!!What made me think is I looked up a replacement switch for my Olds, and in the description of the NSS was "NSS & BU "light switch. I knew I was on to something then,lol. I had no problems when I did my Nova 20 YEARS AGO!!! Must have been a brain fart. Thanks again Joe P!!!!!!!