General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

NE Ohio folks - good tuner in the area?

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2019, 01:08 PM

I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to ever get the carb on my Rallye 350 adjusted right. Instead of continuing to fight with it, I'd rather take it to someone in the area who could really do a nice job tuning my car. Is there anyone in the Cleveland/Akron area who is known as the Q-Jet Guru, or something?? I'm even happy to bring it to an Olds event and let everyone tinker with it - it has to be better than what I can do....
Old May 25th, 2019, 01:37 PM

You Might Try:
Medina Mountain Motors
199 Factory Street
Creston, Ohio 44217
330-435-6236
866-218-7467

You can Google them. Listed as a custom engine machine shop. I have not personally used them but heard good things in the past. Located south of Medina,Ohio
Hope things work out.
Wayne
Medina, Ohio.
Old May 25th, 2019, 02:13 PM

I'll sure give them a call - thank you. Lots of builders around me locally, but none want to do the work. I've been by one fairly reputable location in Cuy Falls a couple times, and they're all lip service. There is so much business they can pick and choose what they want to do. It's frustrating.
Old May 25th, 2019, 04:13 PM

Bob, sorry that I have no other information. Maybe Medina Mountain Motors has a suggestion. I went to several swap meets and didn't find anyone who would even come near a Q-Jet. Fortunately my Q-Jet is running fine since I bought my Cutlass three years ago. How about checking out the upcoming BOP show on 6/9 at Quaker Steak and Lube on Canal road.
Wayne

Last edited by 35tac; May 26th, 2019 at 04:50 AM.
Old May 25th, 2019, 05:02 PM

I would give a call to Bruce's automotive Inc 330-456-6643 in Canton been in business Over 25 years works on a lot of old school cars. No BS he will be blunt and to the point I have seen his work and he has work on my delta 88 . He takes pride in his work but has a low tolerance for BS.He fair on price.
Old May 25th, 2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by 35tac
Bob, sorry that I have no other information. Maybe Medina Mountain Motors has a suggestion. I went to several swap meets and didn't find anyone who would even come near a Q-Jet. Fortunately my Q-Jet is running fine since I bought my Cutlass there years ago. How about checking out the upcoming BOP show on 6/9 at Quaker Steak and Lube on Canal road.
Wayne
I would LOVE to be there on the 9th. I should have the car ready and roadworthy before then - would be fun to get back into the shows again. That's not far from my house, either. Just enough to get on the highway a little bit and stretch the legs....
Old May 25th, 2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by eric66
I would give a call to Bruce's automotive Inc 330-456-6643 in Canton been in business Over 25 years works on a lot of old school cars. No BS he will be blunt and to the point I have seen his work and he has work on my delta 88 . He takes pride in his work but has a low tolerance for BS.He fair on price.
Those are the kind of guys you look for - thank you
Old May 26th, 2019, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by BSiegPaint
I would LOVE to be there on the 9th. I should have the car ready and roadworthy before then - would be fun to get back into the shows again. That's not far from my house, either. Just enough to get on the highway a little bit and stretch the legs....
Hopefully no rain so I will see you then.
Wayne
Old May 27th, 2019, 05:07 AM

Can you describe the problem? The best quadrajet guy in the country is in Mt. Vernon, OH. Cliff Ruggles, I've also heard great things about Everyday Performance. A picture of the engine without the air cleaner may reveal something. Good luck.

https://cliffshighperformance.com/
http://www.everyday-performance.com/
Old June 7th, 2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 35tac
Hopefully no rain so I will see you then.
Wayne
Well, after getting totally ripped off on my driveshaft quest, I'm having Henderson out in Grafton make me a new one - so the car is up on jack stands until that's done. I'll drop by the show on the 9th for sure, but I won't have a car there. I'll recognize your car and introduce myself!
Old June 7th, 2019, 05:04 PM

Weather looks good so far. I plan on being there. See you soon.
Wayne
Medina, Oh