General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Much appreciated!!!

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2010, 12:43 PM
442forsure

Much appreciated!!!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you people for making this Olds site a truly enjoyable experience. Everytime I sign on to it, I learn something valuable and interesting about my '66 442. My friend and I start the frame off restoration this Monday. We are going to use his shop so I have his beautiful stock '57 Chevy Bel Air two door hdtp in my shop til we are finished my 442.

Probably I will have lots of questions for you.

Thanks again.

Pat
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Looking forward to seeing your progress reports..

BTW is that your truck in the avatar? Looks like it could hold a couple of cars or at least 455 blocks on a cross border run.....course then I still got the problem of getting it all to Edmonchuck
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:18 PM

i have learned alot here also. just today i done something i learned here. i am pulling apart the rear end for my Rallye 350 and someone said to turn the drums upside down and thread the nuts on just a little and then use the drum as a slide hammer to get the axles out. it worked GREAT! just had to tap it about a dozen times and came right out. had i not heard that here i would not have thought of it. i would had to rent a puller of some kind.
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
i have learned alot here also. just today i done something i learned here. i am pulling apart the rear end for my Rallye 350 and someone said to turn the drums upside down and thread the nuts on just a little and then use the drum as a slide hammer to get the axles out. it worked GREAT! just had to tap it about a dozen times and came right out. had i not heard that here i would not have thought of it. i would had to rent a puller of some kind.
Cool trick! I'll save it for when I replace my open with a posi.
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:21 PM
442forsure

Allan

Don't I wish!!!! It belongs to a buddy who I drive for off and on. Next to Oldsmobiles, Peterbilts are my favorite things. This one is a 1999 long nose with a 550 Cat and 18 speed Fuller Roadranger. We used to run south but all our work is in Canada now so I can't help you out that way but yeah it would hold a few 455's.

Pat
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by patmills
Allan

Don't I wish!!!! It belongs to a buddy who I drive for off and on. Next to Oldsmobiles, Peterbilts are my favorite things. This one is a 1999 long nose with a 550 Cat and 18 speed Fuller Roadranger. We used to run south but all our work is in Canada now so I can't help you out that way but yeah it would hold a few 455's.

Pat
Awwwwww, dang it anyway - no prob!! Looking forward to your build pics. Any chance you guys might be coming out to AB this year for the Oldsmobile roundup in "OLDS", Alberta? There were some nice entries from BC last year. Then we could share a cold....pop...yeah....wobbly pops more like it......Ken is the only one who just drinks Coke.
Old February 20th, 2010, 03:47 PM
442forsure

Allan

Not this year - would love to drive the car to your show when its done - but it won't be ready for a big trip like that this year. When is the Olds show? I'll keep it in mind in case I'm working in AB this summer.

Pat