General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Looking for my fathers Cutless

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2021, 01:12 PM

Looking for my fathers Cutless

I am new to this forum and am looking for the vehicle that my father use to own when I was very young. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to go about locating a classic car. I have of course done the obvious such as using different search engines and trying vin search websites. I am hoping there is a better way or maybe a couple of websites that someone knows about that helps find old vehicles. I have the registration from when my father first purchased the vehicle and therefore have the VIN number. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about looking for a classic car?
Old November 20th, 2021, 02:24 PM

Having the VIN is a key part of it, of course! You could follow up your post with more information including location and date your dad sold the car, description (year, model, colour, condition, options, etc). The odds of it's survival will depend in a large part on how much time has passed, what model it was and what condition it was in. Good luck with your search!
Old November 20th, 2021, 03:03 PM

What is your definition of "classic"? The range is widening, so a G body is probably rotted away depending on location.
Old November 20th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rcwalters
I am new to this forum and am looking for the vehicle that my father use to own when I was very young. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to go about locating a classic car. I have of course done the obvious such as using different search engines and trying vin search websites. I am hoping there is a better way or maybe a couple of websites that someone knows about that helps find old vehicles. I have the registration from when my father first purchased the vehicle and therefore have the VIN number. Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about looking for a classic car?
Welcome to the site. My suggestion would be to find a similar car in great condition that you can afford and move on.
Old November 20th, 2021, 04:39 PM

Why not just post everything you know about the car that your looking for?

where it was last known to be.
make, model, serial#
pics
where it was purchased new if you know that.

Old November 21st, 2021, 03:20 AM

Get a law enforcement friend to look up the VIN on the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS).