General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Loma Rica car show, where is Loma Rica ?

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2014, 06:47 PM

Loma Rica car show, where is Loma Rica ?

On my quest for the best small town car show Loma Rica has got to be close to the top of the list. Located 20 miles south of Oroville Ca. in the rolling hills of the gold country, it's so small if it was any smaller it wouldn't need a name. I have l been in this area of California most of my life and this is the first time I've been here. Put on by the local Lions club they did a great job of organizing and in general getting it done and everyone seem to be having a good time doing it. About 140 cars registered. Here is why Its at the top of my list.

#1 The music was live good and not obnoxious loud.Super sax player.

#2 The food was fair priced good and ready to be served before advertised time.

#3 The judging was fair unbiased and terrible hard to do. My hats off to those guys. No homies received awards unless they deserve them and some did.

#4 I had shade and so did many others. Lots of places to park even if you came in late.

#5 Nice awards not to many not to few, made you feel like you earned something special. The competition was fierce not many dogs in this show.

Well thats it here are a few pics that caught my eye. If you don't see your kind of ride there it's because I a'm not the best guy for muscle cars. I was the only Olds of any age not uncommon....Tedd
Attached Images
Old September 28th, 2014, 06:52 PM

And a few more.

That Packard was a outstanding resto rod and it was Packard V8 powered.,quite unsual...Tedd
Attached Images
Old September 28th, 2014, 06:58 PM

And the last

Here they are.

I was honored for my car to get the best of stock most original award. If I hadn't won anything I wouldn't have been surprised, many awesome cars at this show. I should have taken more pictures but the legs just gave out...Tedd
Attached Images

Last edited by Tedd Thompson; September 28th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old September 28th, 2014, 09:53 PM

Great report Tedd. I'm a big proponent of small town car shows. They are almost always to raise money for a local charity, the school etc. and the people are unfailingly nice to be around.
Jerry
Old October 1st, 2014, 06:23 AM
Administrator

I would rather go to a small town car show any day. So many interesting cars and more importantly interesting people, and yes a trophy is not necessary to have a good time. You have some nice cars in your area Ted.
Old October 1st, 2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
I would rather go to a small town car show any day. So many interesting cars and more importantly interesting people, and yes a trophy is not necessary to have a good time. You have some nice cars in your area Ted.
I'm always surprised at what gets pulled out of the garages at these small shows. Quality interesting cars that I haven't seen before and the people seem happy to have you share their show with them......Tedd