General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

a little suspicious

Search this Thread

Old August 24th, 2008, 08:06 AM

a little suspicious

has anyone here had any dealingswith this guy from cal (chromabonito) i ordered a front bumper from him
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by mb197942
has anyone here had any dealingswith this guy from cal (chromabonito) i ordered a front bumper from him
Not someone from this forum? Didn't see his name on the members list. What happened with the bumper order? Your comment sort of leaves no conclusions.

Members here on Classic Oldsmobile take a lot of pride in their knowledge and comraderie. Suggestion: Have you tried contacting this dude again? If you live close enough, I'd take the trip to find out what's wrong. Got any friends in the area? Maybe ask them to drop around.

If you bought something and just haven't recieved it, by the timestamp on your post it hasn't been that long. I sometimes have to wait 2-3 weeks for items that get shipped by ground because of their size. Sometimes the lack of communication between sellers and buyers causes a huge perception issue when it takes "too long" to get something. I still think the best thing to do is get in touch and ask whats going on.

Anyway, keep us posted.

Last edited by Allan R; September 1st, 2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: sp error
Old September 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

The guy is on evilbay, never dealt with him. Does have a few negatives and no auctions now that I could see?, get the bumper yet?

Allan
Old September 1st, 2008, 04:00 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

Where in Ca?
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 66 Olznut
Where in Ca?
Rowland Heights is the location, but I think the site and thread will explain this place better than anybody. Now I would be suspicious, hope for the best.

Allan

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...ad.php?t=42175
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:37 PM

did recieve the other day very nice bumper
Old September 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Cool, always good to hear. I have seen those bumpers now that I know who it is, I may have one I got from a guy near there. The guy just sounds like a bad businessman more than a rip-off artist, bites off more than he can chew sometimes.

Allan
Old September 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by mb197942
did recieve the other day very nice bumper
Glad you did receive it!
My experience and luck is like this:
As soon as I start asking the guy who sold it "Where is it?", it shows up the next day. Makes me feel like an idiot sometimes, but since I am usually nice about it, I do not feel too bad...
Private sellers are usually slower than real companies, as they are not prepared for "quick shipping".
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Past Administrator

I read a thread over at the H.A.M.B. where a guy ordered a lot of body work for an RPU project he was working on. Left the vehicle with the guy, was supposed to get a custom frame, a special chopped cab, and a lot of body work on the rest of it. Anyway, he had been waiting about eight months for it and continually got replies that seemed like delay tactics to him (which they probably were). It turns out that lots of people knew this guy and said that is the way he works; excellent workmanship that leaves nothing to be desired on it's own merit but he is a terrible judge of time when it comes to quoting jobs. He finally got the vehicle complete and it was a good job but we think a couple of weeks is slow......
Old October 3rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Mr.

concerning Chromabonito in California

He is a crook DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF THEM & is doing business together with other sellers on ebay toy2k & diego415 all from the same general area . I am presently filing a dispute (for what good it does) with eBay. Also filing with the Feds concerning internet fraud. Got me for $430 & no bumper.. Stay away!!!!!!!!
Old October 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by GinoC
He is a crook DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF THEM & is doing business together with other sellers on ebay toy2k & diego415 all from the same general area . I am presently filing a dispute (for what good it does) with eBay. Also filing with the Feds concerning internet fraud. Got me for $430 & no bumper.. Stay away!!!!!!!!

mb197942 did get his bumper --see above maybe he was lucky or you are unlucky
However, good luck
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM

Chromabonito/Juan Treminio US Chrome, Chrome USA

He is a crook, ripped me off for $365 for a 64 rear bumper. Look up his name on the internet he has several address' phone numbers and business names, he is in the LaPunte area. He has ripped off several other guys. He may be at the Fresno swap 9/29 he is a fat guy. Many other guys want to get a hold of him. His Wife's name is Berta Good Luck.