General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

On line part suppliers

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2015, 08:24 AM

On line part suppliers

Is it just me or do you guy's have as little luck as I do on getting replies from on-line parts suppliers. I can't count the number of times I have asked a question about a part I would like to buy and received no reply to multiple requests.
I find it very strange to have a business that promotes on-lines sales then do not even reply to someone that has money in hand ready to purchase product. Seems to defeat the entire reason to exists.
Just last week Iam looking for anew master cylinder and front disk brake set up for my hot rod. I contacted Wilwood Brakes, a very major player in that business, and not a reply after a week. I called via telephone 8:00am Thursday morning. Said they were busy and would get back to me. Still nothing.
Am I expecting to much? Do I just move on and chalk it up to another company who could careless about selling product. What are your experiences like?

Mike
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:26 AM

I would have expected them to be quick to go for a sale. there can be any number of reasons so don't get too bent about it. If you are converting you will need a new Master cyl., Proportioning valve, rotors and calipers with lines. pretty easy deal really but you will need to take the time to get Proportioning valve set correctly, I think they use an adjustable unit. you want to make sure your rear brakes are pulling hard enough to keep the rear end from trying to pass you.
Old April 25th, 2015, 01:36 PM
morgan

I'm going to put the blame on you because in thia day and age people just dont really care its not like years back when good service was standard, like the days of going to the gas station and filling up and having them clean the windshield and check the oil....anyway there are good companies out there but the people at the bottom just dont care you have to demand to speak to someone or ask for a supervisor or just move on
Thats my experience
Old April 26th, 2015, 08:00 AM

Looks like I need a little more patience. I thought a week was enough time. I am going to e-mail Baer Brakes and see if they can help. Trying to figure out the correct master cylinder.
Thanks for the feed back
Mike
Old April 26th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, I think you're going about it right. I'll give a company a day to reply. After that I'll call and ask over the phone. If they say they're busy I'll tell them so am I, so do,they want business or not. I've had good luck dealing with most companies though. Strangely the one I had the most difficulty dealing with on the phone was Fusick.

When you're dealing with a specialty company be prepared for some 'attitude' though.