General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Just my rotten luck

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2009, 11:45 PM

Just my rotten luck

On Friday, I got my 75 Royale
a tuneup. When I got home I notciced that there was some orange fluid under the car. I checked the radiator and the fluid was some kind of rust brown. I took it to Jiffy Lube to get coollant exchange, flush, and service. It sill leaks but it leaks green. On top of that I get into a minor fender bender backing out of my garage. I hit part of the garage and now there is a big dent in the passenger panel. I could kick myself for doing that. I bought a radiator online and will replace it it with this new unit. I now have to find a salvage 74-75 88 with a clean right front fender
Old September 28th, 2009, 03:53 AM
...should get a life....

You sure that fluid on the floor wasn't out of that 3/4 empty whisky bottle you ran over just before you hit the garage wall???
Old September 28th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Captain of my ship

Well I know how you feel. While working on the hood this winter ( removing paint with wire wheel on grinder on the underside of the hood) I lost it out of my hand when trying to shut it off and dropped it onto the hood. it put a dent in the bottom and cracked the paint on the topside
I will get over it and move on cause that is the only option that will work , sorry to hear about your bad luck but remember that we have all had one of them days.
Old September 28th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Registered

When it rains it pours.
Sorry, but at least you got it all out of the way for now.

After diagnosing that our clothes dryer was terminal I went to do the brakes on my daughter's car and the wheels were frozen to the hubs, took 2 hours to get them off. Got the wheels off and the rotors were shot, back to the parts store. Got all that done then attempted to change the oil in the Vista, the filter and oil were for my other car, back to the parts store. Got all done with that and I adjusted the carb on my GTO, took it out testing it and the cop who sits up the street every day nailed me for speeding, all this in one day.
No ticket but I felt like an idiot with that baby cop lecturing me.

Probably had orange antii-freeze and they put in green, not magic.
Old September 28th, 2009, 04:49 AM

You're not along

I glad this happens to to other people beside me.

Seems like everyone else has some kind of great story from their escapades like, "Well my polo pony lost a shoe and threw me."

I trip over a chair and crack 3 ribs. Not very exotic
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Alb

rotton luck

Dang, I can't remember when something went right when working on my rebuild Whoever invented Murphys Law should be shot
Alb
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
You sure that fluid on the floor wasn't out of that 3/4 empty whisky bottle you ran over just before you hit the garage wall???
I wish it was just that. Did I forget to mention that I ran out of gas on the way to jiffy lube?
Old September 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Trying to remember member

I tend to go by Finnegan's Law............

Finnegan says Murphy is an optimist.......
Old September 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Cutlass Lover

LOL!!
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Past Administrator

I owned a '69 Delta 88 a few years back and my wife drove the car into the garage and was too close to one side and caught the rear bumper on the side of the garage and peeled that sucker back! I remember when I saw her driving into the parking lot where I was and seeing that bumper sticking out and her face full of tears. She thought I would never forgive her but I couldn't hold it against her. Stuff happens.
Old September 29th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Captain of my ship

Murphy's law is one of those things you can't control , kinda like mother nature
Old September 29th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Murphy's law is one of those things you can't control , kinda like mother nature
Seriously? Of course you can. Depends what you mean by "control", but unlike Mother Nature, you do have some influence on what happens.
Things like planning, preparation and being careful are most helpful!
There are reasons (beyond Murphy and Mother Nature) that some people are an accident waiting to happen. (that not directed at anyone here!)
Old September 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by wmachine
Seriously? Of course you can. Depends what you mean by "control", but unlike Mother Nature, you do have some influence on what happens.
Things like planning, preparation and being careful are most helpful!
There are reasons (beyond Murphy and Mother Nature) that some people are an accident waiting to happen. (that not directed at anyone here!)
Well today I found out that the reason my wiper motor's not working is not because of a simple ground problem but because it is seized and the resistor is burnt out. i would chalk it up to murphy's Law that it could not be something simple or easy to fix but difficult as has been everything I have tackled so far , or so it seems. being accident prone would not apply to that would it?