General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Just a general question about Carlisle...

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2016, 07:04 AM
4 Barrels of Laughs

Just a general question about Carlisle...

Im somewhat new here with only a single olds currently but am a vendor at Carlisle truck and now fall, just a question, does anyone here attend regularly as a spectator or vendor? (just got my truck show creds in the mail last night so the fever starts....)

I always make the same neighborly offer to all the vehicle 'clubs' I belong to (Ford Trucks, full size chevy, squarebody chevy etc)

we have a nice sized 4 lot space at both shows and if people have parts they need to sell off, you can drop off at our spot all tagged up and we will babysit. (we operate as a biz so we collect the guvners cut and all that...)

And if you are nice, my wife makes the best perky pot coffee on the east coast....not to mention the breakfast potatoes frying up at 7am each day...

intro yourself, stop by, say hello...

Last edited by quaddriver; July 18th, 2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old July 18th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by quaddriver
Im somewhat new here with only a single olds currently but am a vendor at Carlisle truck and now fall, just a question, does anyone here attend regularly as a spectator or vendor? (just got my truck show creds in the mail last night so the fever starts....)

I always make the same neighborly offer to all the vehicle 'clubs' I belong to (Ford Trucks, full size chevy, squarebody chevy etc)

we have a nice sized 4 lot space at both shows and if people have parts they need to sell off, you can drop off at our spot all tagged up and we will babysit. (we operate as a biz so we collect the guvners cut and all that...)

And if you are nice, my wife makes the best perky pot coffee on the east coast....not to mention the breakfast potatoes frying up at 7am each day...

intro yourself, stop by, say hello...
Nice offer, thanks. There are several here who are regular vendors at Spring and Fall. I've got NA140-141 in the spring and NA108-109 (and 65) in the fall. We try to host a happy hour for CO members Friday night.
Old July 18th, 2016, 10:16 AM
4 Barrels of Laughs

we are J21-24 at truck and IC 13-14 plus IC 16-17 at fall (yes, IC15 is an island, never know the guy might wanna switch a spot with us....)

since you spend the weekend (or do you drive home) let me ask a question about the show....what is the night life like? do they quiet down for those staying on the grounds? (we bring the motor home and sleep in it) are the bath houses reasonably kept up at night? during truck I doubt 300 people are overnighters but I suspect this number is a wee bit higher at fall - while we CAN shower in the RV just fine, its easier to haul, carry and store water if we dont have to if'n you know what I mean...

I also suspect the evenings are not 90 and humid with no wind like they are in cumberland valley in the dog days like at truck...?
Old July 18th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by quaddriver
we are J21-24 at truck and IC 13-14 plus IC 16-17 at fall (yes, IC15 is an island, never know the guy might wanna switch a spot with us....)

since you spend the weekend (or do you drive home) let me ask a question about the show....what is the night life like? do they quiet down for those staying on the grounds? (we bring the motor home and sleep in it) are the bath houses reasonably kept up at night? during truck I doubt 300 people are overnighters but I suspect this number is a wee bit higher at fall - while we CAN shower in the RV just fine, its easier to haul, carry and store water if we dont have to if'n you know what I mean...

I also suspect the evenings are not 90 and humid with no wind like they are in cumberland valley in the dog days like at truck...?
Evenings are completely dead. Carlisle events used to hold evening movies, but that stopped long ago. Now we usually wander over to the auction and marvel at all the overpriced cars that don't meet reserve.

Bathrooms are well kept. Peak time for the showers is 9:00-11:00 at night and 6:30-8:30 in the morning. Spring and Fall can be iffy on temps. This Spring was warm, but we saw snow flakes at Spring 2015.
Old July 19th, 2016, 12:43 PM

Carlisle.

I am at I I 118 - 119 in the Spring,
I am at IL 78 - 80 in the Fall,
I am at H107 - H108 at the just completed Chryslers @ Carlisle....
Used to do Ford (N 5 - 6) -- now a Newer Mustangs show only......
Have done GM until this year (B 52 - B53) ---- show is a "postage stamp"
and they moved it to Father's Day weekend
(Basically a Chevelle, Camaro, and Nova show).....

Truck Carlisle is same weekend as Das Awkscht Fecht @ Macungie, Pa. ----
some people I know do Trucks @ Carlisle 1 day -- and Macungie the next...

Carlisle is good for what it is --- it just keeps getting pricier and that, as we
know, is NEVER a good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 19th, 2016, 01:43 PM
4 Barrels of Laughs

We had been wanting to pick up spring or fall for a while now, but Tims offer of BoGo for show spots clinched the deal....it cut our costs down a lot for what could be a larger attended show.