General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

JB Weld

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2015, 11:02 AM
NOVICE car nut

JB Weld

I would of posted picture of what I'm trying to weld , but I can't seem to find where the pictures are from my POS Apple phone . They were easy to find the other day when I didn't need them of course but I looked everywhere and can't seem to find them today . Anyhow , I bought the JB Weld and noticed the hardener was near impossible to squeeze out of the tube ( very thick ) .... is this normal ? The two metal parts I tried to weld just fell apart the next day when I picked them up . The weld was kind of rubbery , not hard . Maybe I didn't mix it well ? I thought I did everything right but who knows . Any input on this would be great , Thanks
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:10 AM

I went to my garage to take a look at my JB Weld and the hardener is somewhat hard but not too hard to squeeze. You have to squeeze out the same amount and mix it to a grayish color. I never had a problem with JB Weld.
Old August 7th, 2015, 05:59 PM

This stuff should flow just like regular epoxy. If it is old and stiffening up, it may not work well if you do get it mixed. Just buy some new. I have had some 3 years (stored indoors) and it is stiff good.
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:58 PM

The problem with JB Weld is that people try to make it do too much.
Old August 7th, 2015, 11:27 PM
NOVICE car nut

I found the stupid pictures now I have a better idea to fix the two parts I mentioned earlier anyhow . From what you guys are saying I think the hardener is old or something . I will try to take back but they will probably give me some BS of course . I don't want my money back , I just want to exchange because I definitely want some of this stuff laying around for future projects I have coming up . Thanks for the replies .