General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

InLineTube..again!

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

InLineTube..again!

While I purchase from several vendors I try to buy what I can from from INL. Sometimes a little pricy but the quality, packaging/labeling and service are great. Case in point this week: Last spring at the Louisville, KY auto show I purchased a brake booster. (my first introduction to them) Well it wasn't until now that I actually looked at it as I'm getting ready. It was the wrong one, for an F body. Called and talked to Bob and told him I didn't have my hand written receipt. He said don't worry, just send it back and he would ship the correct one. Guess he looked at past records of where I buy? Anyhow that's what happened. No hassels what so ever and it's here today! Can't ask for anything better than that. Tried that with PartsPlace last year (wiper motor cap) and that went to hell in a hand bag....still out in the garage. They couldn't "find" their paper work after I had spent $1000's with them.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:40 PM

I also love ILT and buy from them often.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:42 PM

After all the bad things I had heard about IT several years ago, the last several comments on them have indicated that they have changed and started appreciating their customers. The PP is on the other end it seems...
Old March 29th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Me too!

Originally Posted by shimmer
While I purchase from several vendors I try to buy what I can from from INL. Sometimes a little pricy but the quality, packaging/labeling and service are great. Case in point this week: Last spring at the Louisville, KY auto show I purchased a brake booster. (my first introduction to them) Well it wasn't until now that I actually looked at it as I'm getting ready. It was the wrong one, for an F body. Called and talked to Bob and told him I didn't have my hand written receipt. He said don't worry, just send it back and he would ship the correct one. Guess he looked at past records of where I buy? Anyhow that's what happened. No hassels what so ever and it's here today! Can't ask for anything better than that. Tried that with PartsPlace last year (wiper motor cap) and that went to hell in a hand bag....still out in the garage. They couldn't "find" their paper work after I had spent $1000's with them.
It's very refreshing to hear good news from satisfied customers. You would know the signifcance of that as a contractor - it can make or break you. I also have had very good dealings with ILT and continue to recommend them. Last year I did the same thing you are doing - showing appreciation for a company 'that delivers' on it's word and product. I am very glad to hear you got the right part without a lot of inconvenience.