General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Inline tube problem

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Govt slave

Inline tube problem

I ordered a gas tank, straps, fuel line ,rubber insulator and vent lines from inline tube for my 67 Cutlass over a week ago.
When I ordered I asked if everything was in stock and was told YES.

The gas tank and straps arrived in a Spectra box directly from spectra 2 days later.
I went on Rockauto dot com and looked up the part #,
their price for the same 2 parts over $140 cheaper on those 2 items alone
That's about 1/2 price !!

Now today .....8 days later I come home expecting to see the rest of my order.

Nothing !

I call inline to see what's up,
and they tell me "the sending unit is on backorder"
I explained they said it was in stock and he and shouldv'e communicated with me it would be delayed bla bla bla...he apoligized for that.

I then asked....where's my fuel line, straps and hoses and was told they didn't send it out because then they would have to CHARGE ME XTRA SHIPPING.

I expained that's not my problem at least I could do 1/2 the job on the car while waiting for the backordered sending unit.

Still want xtra shipping....unreal especially after making over $140 xtra on the tank and straps alone (my price RETAIL).

Very poor service this time around.
I will never use them again...it's Fusick for me 100%

lesson learned....order from
FUSICK AND ALWAYS CHECK ROCKAUTO FIRST !!

Last edited by squirell; May 8th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM

WHY am I not surprised! Fusick, Super Cars Unlimited, and the Parts Place, In-line Tube close to the bottom. However, In-Line quality is good.
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM
My 73HO

Agreed about Fusicks....
I have had great success working with InLine. Seems these days its hit and miss with most any company , Unfortunately its like everything else cut throat and the almighty buck!
I would ask for a Supervisor next time and tell them your posting up on a bunch of internet sites about poor service and price gouging.
It may help.. Good luck!
Old May 8th, 2013, 03:08 PM

I'm not supporting the way inline handled it but I am not suprised by the cost difference. Inline doesn't buy nearly the amount of gas tanks that rockauto does, its called buying power. year one will send out partial orders as well with no extra shipping but again they are big enough to absorb that. Its tough as I like to support the smaller places but you can't always beat the pricing, shipping or even service of some of the bigger places.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by squirell
I explained they said it was in stock and he and shouldv'e communicated with me it would be delayed bla bla bla...he apoligized for that.
Yeah, places like that are always big on the apologies ( usually when you catch them in a lie ), but they never actually do anything or go out of their way to correct their mistake or make it right.

Can't you just return the stuff you bought and buy it elsewhere for cheaper? Can't you just cancel the rest of your order?

P.S. Inline Tube was the place that recieved alot of negative discussion on the Olds boards years ago. I don't remember exactly what all the hoopla was about, but they didn't come across looking too good.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Banned

this is why Summit sells Right Stuff Detailing fuel lines

pretty common knowledge Inline Tube is a joke

send your stuff back and dispute the charges on your card

say they sent you the wrong stuff
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:47 PM

"I don't remember exactly what all the hoopla was about"

I recall a LOT of detail about that. It started, strangely enough, with poor handling of one of their customers' complaints. Blew up when they were asked to either back up libelous lies about me or retract and apologize. They did neither, so I posted the oh 23 or so provable lies they produced just since I started keeping track that time.

Not to be entirely a naysayer, I do like the wide variety of little items they offer to the enthusiasts.

It'd be SWEET if that company were run by folks with integrity.
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:55 PM

I always compare rockauto to whatever i am buying
Good reference
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Govt slave

He promised me everything in 3 days,so it's at least as fast as I can get if I cancelled and reordered from someone else.
I'll accept the price,cause it's my own fault I didn't check first...$140 LESSON LEARNED

I WILL NOT accept the fact that they said it was in stock , and they didn't send the rest of the order to save on shipping....or at least contacted me about the delay
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:49 AM

This surprises me as I have never encountered a problem with Inline Tube. I have been at this a while and sometimes pick my parts from vendors who I've used before. Everybody loves Fusick, but even they let me down; I'd like opinions on this.
A couple Yeats ago, I made a pretty big ($5 k) order with them and it was all to delivered and paid for at Carlisle. Quoted a price on phone with 15% discount because of the size of the order. I get to Carlisle and load up and go to pay--- Mr. Fusick says I can't make the price I gave you because I can't make enough profit. He changed to a 10% discount. I paid 'cause stuff was there and already loaded. I was a gentleman about it but told what I thought.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:22 AM

I only order the lines from Inline Tube, nothing else. I figured that was their niche and nothing else. I just ordered the trans cooler lines and even though it was not listed on their web site they had them specific to my car. The same with my Camaro, I only ordered the lines, and ordered the spectra tank from Rock Auto.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave Siltman
This surprises me as I have never encountered a problem with Inline Tube. I have been at this a while and sometimes pick my parts from vendors who I've used before. Everybody loves Fusick, but even they let me down; I'd like opinions on this.
A couple Yeats ago, I made a pretty big ($5 k) order with them and it was all to delivered and paid for at Carlisle. Quoted a price on phone with 15% discount because of the size of the order. I get to Carlisle and load up and go to pay--- Mr. Fusick says I can't make the price I gave you because I can't make enough profit. He changed to a 10% discount. I paid 'cause stuff was there and already loaded. I was a gentleman about it but told what I thought.
arrogant vendors,gotta love them

did he at least help you load the stuff?

probably not.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM

He did not, but one of his guys did. If he would have told me 10% from the start so be it, but I am a MAN OF MY WORD and for what amounts to about a couple of hundred bucks, I lost some faith in him, not to mention his business practices. I know everybody has to make a profit to make a living, but to me, a deal is a deal. I had an itemized invoice they sent before I went to Carlisle and then the price changes. I mainly collect Oldsmobiles, as do many of my friends, and trust me, Fusick isn't the only one to sell Olds parts, and frankly, I don't think (not going to swear to it) I've done business with them since.
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:31 AM

On an order of that size, they should have given the agreed 15% discount!There are a few Olds vendors out there who think they have a captive market and tend to treat their customers with a "take it or leave it" attitude .A Fusicks employee tried that with me and lost my business.(Way to go Dave Jackson!)
I've not had trouble with Inline Tube, but their main man James Kryta is not overly personable, but then again, he's made his money and does't need to cosey up to his customers. Just my 5 cents worth.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I know everybody has to make a profit to make a living, but to me, a deal is a deal.
To everyone, a deal is a deal.

If Bear Stearns made a deal to borrow a million dollars to use to buy a million shares of stock, which they expected to go up, and the stock went down, do you think they can tell Irving Trust "Sorry, but we can't pay you the agreed upon interest, or we wouldn't make any profit"?
No, they would take their loss and move on.

If Delphi made a deal with GM to deliver a million voltage regulators for a certain price, and then there was a war in the Congo (figure the odds...), and the price of iridium went up, do you think they'd load up the rail cars, point 'em toward Detroit, and then when the guys went to unload them say "Wait - We can't make a profit at that price. Pay us another million dollars"?

Even drug dealers don't do that (or if they do, they only do it once ).

That's the way business works.

Fusick's move to jack you on that price was absolutely unacceptable, and was also a breach of a legal contract, which you could have enforced in court.

- Eric
Old May 9th, 2013, 12:01 PM

If my car hadn't already been apart, and my truck already loaded with the new stuff, I would've acted a little differently (I think you get my point). In the BIG picture, I think he is the loser, because I am not afraid to spend money on my Oldsmobiles. I have bought from Kryta for years and always got what I asked for at the price I was quoted.
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Govt slave

UPDATE:
Orig post:
I ordered a gas tank, straps, fuel line ,rubber insulator and vent lines from inline tube for my 67 Cutlass over a week ago.
When I ordered I asked if everything was in stock and was told YES.

The gas tank and straps arrived in a Spectra box directly from spectra 2 days later.
I went on Rockauto dot com and looked up the part #,
their price for the same 2 parts over $140 cheaper on those 2 items alone
That's about 1/2 price !!

Now today .....8 days later I come home expecting to see the rest of my order.

Nothing !

I then asked....where's my fuel line, straps and hoses and was told they didn't send it out because then they would have to CHARGE ME XTRA SHIPPING.

UPDATE...
It's been 3 weeks since I placed my order.
I received the "backordered " sending unit (directly from the manufactuer)
THEY LIED and said the reason I didn't get the gas tank insulator rubber and fuel line is to save on shipping.

I still have not received the 1 part I need to START the job (rubber insulator).

I called today and was told there was a computer problem and they lost my order.
After a few choice words they magicly found it.

Then they told me a package was on the way to me,but they don't know what's in it (SERIOUSLY ???).

So here I am 3 weeks later and have been lied to 3 times,I had to call them to see what's up (never once got a call or e-mail from them),have no order number of confirmation and the best part is they billed my credit card for the full amount...3 weeks ago.

and to make it even better the 1 and only part that they make (fuel line) still isn't here.3 weeks REALLY ??

NEVER AGAIN INLINE...you lost at least 1 customer who has spent thousands of dollars with you already.
Stop lying !
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:52 PM
KDV

Just a Public Service Announcement... Inline-Tube goes by motorcitysupercars on ebay.

I found that out after buying some Dr. Olds stickers on ebay; my Papypal account sent a payment to inline-tube for the order. Very sneaky
Old May 13th, 2013, 03:16 PM

ILT has sent me numerous items that were wrong. The latest was the master cylinder gasket with a hole on the small side and the larger side molded so that the rubber would not expand with the fluid (bought the whole kit from booster to wheel bearings).
My own opinion is the they all sell crap. Really a let down to think I have thousands of dollars of parts that I don't really trust. I would never semi-restore another car again. Gonna finish it, drive it and buy me a KTM 450 dirt bike. Hard to beat European engineering.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
72 Olds CS

Originally Posted by woodie582
buy me a KTM 450 dirt bike. Hard to beat European engineering.

till you have to repair it or maintain it LOL
Old May 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Hard to beat European engineering.
I've had first hand experience with European (German) engineering. It sucks too.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Govt slave

ILT has sent me numerous items that were wrong. The latest was the master cylinder gasket with a hole on the small side and the larger side molded so that the rubber would not expand with the fluid (bought the whole kit from booster to wheel bearings).
My own opinion is the they all sell crap. Really a let down to think I have thousands of dollars of parts that I don't really trust. I would never semi-restore another car again. Gonna finish it, drive it and buy me a KTM 450 dirt bike. Hard to beat European engineering.
I don't know what happened to them,all of a sudden there idiots.
Nobody seems to know what going on over there.
With the crazy markup compared to Rock auto they should offer me something for the substandard poor service.
At this point I'll be happy to get my order that I paid for in full 3 weeks ago and move on with Fusick and Rock auto

Last edited by squirell; May 13th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:10 PM

Yea tell me about it just changed the Thermostat on my wifes VW Passat what a pain in the a$$....lol
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:15 PM

I bought a full front disc conversion a few years back , good part is that it fit with my stock SSII's , bad part is the rotors and calipers were made overseas, and the kit was missing one spindle bearing had to go to the local auto parts for a $6 bearing just because I wanted to finish the job that day ...... not sure if I would buy from them again ...
For the record , when I am looking for a part I always search Rock Auto , Amazon, Google , anywhere else I can find it , I remember I found my gas tank from some place in Canada it was also a Spectra ....
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:18 AM

Last fall I bought an oil filler tube from them. Wiped it down with laquer thinner, primed and painted with Duplicolor engine paint. Baked it in a welding rod oven overnight. Installed it and covered engine while on the stand. Couple of weeks ago, uncovered engine and all yhe paint on the tube had cracked and flaked off. I wonder what it's made of?
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM

well, i bought a brake proportioning valve, and lines for my camaro some time back from them. So I figured I use them for my Cutlass. A month ago I placed an order for the trans cooler lines and still have not received them. I just called them 2 hours ago asking what is the situation. The guy said he was going to look into it and call me back.

I will need more lines for my Cutlass and I will not use them. I'll have to find another vendor who keeps me updated and sets the expectation of when I will get my parts after I pay them. I was told after placing my order I would get my lines in a week. Each week goes by and it is a different story.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM

Classic Tube does a nice job for car plumbing.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 78ChevOlds
A month ago I placed an order for the trans cooler lines and still have not received them. I just called them 2 hours ago asking what is the situation. The guy said he was going to look into it and call me back.
LOL! That's a timeless classic used by every dishonest/unethical/poorly run buisiness on the planet! I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you and if by some miracle they actually call you back like they claimed, consider yourself lucky.

I'll have to find another vendor who keeps me updated and sets the expectation of when I will get my parts after I pay them.
Good luck. Seems like almost every buisiness nowadays ( even ones that used to be trustworthy ) don't give 2 $hits about customer satisfaction anymore. Now it's just lie to you and take your money.
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:59 PM

Here is the thing.... Regardless, if it is Fusick, or Brothers, if you deal with a company long enough they will let you down. It is all in how they handle the situation that you remember. I have dealt with customers all of my professional life and made plenty of mistakes. Some of my most loyal customers have come from how I treated them when they felt let down. Old Timers said "the customer is always right." A lot of companies could benefit from that advice.
Old June 7th, 2013, 06:21 PM

Wow I am surprise about the comments about Fusick and especially Dave Jackson. Very unsettling!!! I have never, ever had a problem with Fusick or Dave Jackson. In my 30+ years restoring Olds cars 68-72 I have always gotten 1st class service from them. Hmmmmmmmm........................... not good!
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:16 AM

I have always had good experience with InLine Tube. Just bought some more trinkets and am very happy with the product and price.
Old June 8th, 2013, 06:28 AM

No one cares about customer service or customer satisfaction anymore. It is all about the bottom line with no regard to future/repeat business. We see that in the way they treat us. We see that in the way they decieve us as well. I too have had issues with a company, Year One, charging for two day delivery on parts they knew were not in stock. Thank God we have these internet sites. At least now I can read about the customer service some of these companies provide. And yes, it does inpact who I buy from.
The best experiances I have had are with Fusick.
Old June 8th, 2013, 10:22 AM

I've pretty much dealt with Inline Tube and Fusick for most of my resto parts. Can't say I had a bad experience. Fusick missed a part once but it was picked up in the next order. What I can say is the parts from Fusick are top notch and match well. Some of the lines I got from Inline had to have an adjustment or two but overall ok. Also got some stuff from Tamraz. Pretty strange when a Spectra gas tank costs $260 in Canada and the same tank is $138 from Tamraz. Did I mention the tank was made in Canada? At least there is more vendor selection down your way.
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM

That is total BS to change the price after you came to terms, a vender should just suck it up because your rep is every thing.
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM

Bernhard, I have not and will not do business with again. So now who wins? Really nobody.
Old June 8th, 2013, 01:08 PM

to bad you have gotten bad service from inline. I have been very lucky with them as I have ordered well over 5 grand in stuff with them with a couple of cars over the past 2 years and never a hiccup. plus I am in Illinois and once I order I allways have my stuff 2-3 days max.