General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

indiana oldsmobile club

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2016, 02:04 PM

indiana oldsmobile club

Any Indiana members on here, hear of a Oldsmobile club coming to the Fort Wayne Indiana area? A friend , told me they are starting a club, called Indiana Oldsmobile Rockets, and they have the support of the OCA, that would be great news to me, but I haven't found anything on the OCA site, or a general search of the web! I know there was a club in the mid 80's.
Old March 27th, 2016, 03:28 PM

The Indiana club does exist but been dead for years. Oldspackrat and I have put together more activity than the Indiana Olds club.
Old March 27th, 2016, 04:21 PM

I could remember back in 80's, I was part of the council of area car clubs then. And President of the Northeast cruiser. But I hear there is a new club that was put together at the start of March, hope it works out. I know that most car clubs, have 3 or 4 members that do everything, everyone wants to belong to a club, but few want to work at making a club a success ! I can remember 2 members and I , going out to get donations, making flyers, getting trophies ordered, setting up for the show, and members showing up later in the day to show there cars, but not work the show! And as a member you could not win at our show, they would get upset a cancel there membership, because they wanted to win the great prizes we had. That's why I think clubs are disappearing , unless you belong to a national club. just my thoughts.
Old March 27th, 2016, 05:43 PM

Jim Curry contacted me a few days ago about the Ft. Wayne meeting & said there were around a dozen or so people that showed up?? I don't think I'd want to drive 2 hours for a club meeting but if something happens here in Indy I would very likely go.
Old March 27th, 2016, 10:20 PM

Yeah, an Indiana car club should not hold its meetings in Ft Wayne.

I'd drive to see Packrat, but that's about as far as I'd go.
Old March 28th, 2016, 07:36 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Originally Posted by Rustbucket2
Any Indiana members on here, hear of a Oldsmobile club coming to the Fort Wayne Indiana area? A friend , told me they are starting a club, called Indiana Oldsmobile Rockets, and they have the support of the OCA, that would be great news to me, but I haven't found anything on the OCA site, or a general search of the web! I know there was a club in the mid 80's.
They have a facebook page,look them up using the name Indiana Oldsmobile Rockets.
Old March 30th, 2016, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rustbucket2