General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

If anybody is having Problems Finding Parts

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2009, 03:11 PM

If anybody is having Problems Finding Parts

If anyone is having problems finding parts let me know, I have bought all of them for my project, and I can tell you who to go to, there are alot of companies out there who manufacture what you are looking for, they just impossible to find.
Old April 26th, 2009, 04:50 PM

well point me the way
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Make a list and we will go there.

Gene
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:29 PM

www.thepartsplaceinc.com these guys is in illinois, I have been back inside there warehouse and trust me they have almost every single part sitting on a shelf, exept for a few interior parts i ordered, had to wait a bit on the bottom side of my door armrests, they wait till they have a large enough order then have a production run for the arm rest. Anyway the guys are super helpfull and get you the right parts. if you are replacing say an interior, or doing alot of stuff, remember to ask them about install kits they sell, they bag up exact quantities of nuts bolts screws clips...ect and label all of them and give intructions on exactly what they go to. Big life saver, and all there fastners are exactly what GM used so they are a perfect fit. No more trying to save and restore fasteners! these guys are not overly pushy on the phone, very helpfull folks. Give them a call.

If you need brake lines piping ect. get them from Fine Lines www.finelinesinc.com/ these guys are awsome there products are perfectly bent and come with all the factory clips fasteners and all the materials are color correct. I installed all my new brake piping and distribution block for the whole car in less than an hour. There parts rock! Again these guys were great on the phone, and new more about what I need to do my project than I did. I swaped the front drums to disk using the original style calipers and they exactly what I needed. They also have tank lines and tranny lines, these fit perfect and were identical to the originals. Give them a call.

The last is www.ssbrakes.com/ I really don't like these guys cause they ripped me off. There parts do fit well however and they are one of the few that have a disc brake upgrade thats correct for the car /spidle/disk ect... The reason I say they ripped me off, when I ordered my parts I got the whole kit including master cylinder and booster. The Booster was supposed to be cadmium plated on the 71 I asked them and they swore the kit came with one. Low and behold just a regular booster was shipped, I called back and they said oh well need less to say, I went and purchased the correct booster from someone else for $385. So Be careful with this company, I would have them fax everything you discuss in writting and make sure it is signed before you give them your credit card number.

If you can't find something you are looking for with the suppliers I just mentioned let me know, I will go and dig through my pile of reciepts, i have bought one of every thing so far. Good Luck Guys!
Old April 27th, 2009, 12:55 AM

I will have to check to see if any of them ship to Thailand.