General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

IDAS 69 PICS

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM

IDAS 69 PICS

WANT TO ADD PICS TO MY GALLERY. WANT OTHERS TO TELL ME IF I DO HAVE A TRUE SURVIOR. HOW IS THIS DONE?
THANKS,
EDDIE
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Trying to remember member

Eddie, the term "survivor" is anomaly much like "original" is in the car world.
In the strict literal sense, every car is a survivor, and none are original. So when referring to either terms, it is a matter of degree. Using the term without further qualification is virtually meaningless. And I'll add "numbers matching" to the club too.
A survivor generally means a car that has made it through the years with few changes. Mostly original. There is no exact definition. I would consider a car with original drivetrain paint, and interior to be a survivor, unrestored for the most part.
I would ask you what numbers match what on your car? If your drivetrain has never been apart, it is obviously original. If the paint and interior is original, I would certainly call it a survivor. If paint and/or interior is not original, then it is a matter of degree, and it is debatable as to calling it a survivor.
It is just a term, and I personally wouldn't give it much importance.
Your car "is what it is", and in your case seems to be a heck of a nice '69 and needs no labels!! More pics and info on it, please!