General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

HVAC hoses

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2019, 04:31 AM

HVAC hoses

A while back I found a source for the HVAC hoses under the dash. Now that I need to replace a few really bad hoses, I can't find it again. Can anyone help?
Old April 16th, 2019, 06:10 AM

Round or rectangle?

There's a few sources for the round stuff. I used Napa last time - I think you can even find it on their website easily enough by searching for "duct". It's still special order, 6' or 10' lengths or something.

Rectangle I've never found new. Have to buy good old parts. Same for the small 1" round hoses if you have lap vents.
Old April 16th, 2019, 08:13 AM

An enterprising man could build a buck and an insert and beat a round hose of appropriate circumference into rectangular.
Old April 16th, 2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
An enterprising man could build a buck and an insert and beat a round hose of appropriate circumference into rectangular.
Right now I am in the process of having the connector ends for the passenger side AC vents of a 72 CS 3D printed to accept 3" round duct hose. A person I know has a 3D printer and was willing to take on the challenge. I'm hoping this works. If so this could change the hassle with trying to keep taping up the old cloth duct. I am hoping to get the programing along with my proto types. IF THIS WORKS!!!
Old April 17th, 2019, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by AJFink
Right now I am in the process of having the connector ends for the passenger side AC vents of a 72 CS 3D printed to accept 3" round duct hose. A person I know has a 3D printer and was willing to take on the challenge. I'm hoping this works. If so this could change the hassle with trying to keep taping up the old cloth duct. I am hoping to get the programing along with my proto types. IF THIS WORKS!!!
You could have a (very small) side business with this. Might as well do all four of them - each end of the driver and passenger side tube.
Old April 17th, 2019, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by oddball
You could have a (very small) side business with this. Might as well do all four of them - each end of the driver and passenger side tube.
Going to see how these turn out. By the way it sounds 3D printers are not that unreasonably priced, I have CAD experience,....... soooooooo this could be likely. There are other items that could be made that are no longer produced. Retirement is not far off and this could be a good side line.