General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Hurst/Olds Club Members What Were You all Thinking?

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:14 AM

Hurst/Olds Club Members What Were You all Thinking?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

Just saw this on facebook and couldn't believe it. Joe Spagnoli is such a benevolent guy to have this done to his ride. What were these people thinking when they took it upon themselves to climb up on this car? And who the hell was standing around taking pictures of it. I just don't get it. I hope the repairs get paid for by all guilty parties.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:17 AM

Broken link, what happened?
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:19 AM

I saw this also......despicable. I would never even think of TOUCHING another owners vehicle unless invited. Such disrespect. I hope all responsible will do the right thing here.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by mrolds69
Broken link, what happened?
While Joe was out to dinner, some members climbed on the platform of his Hurst / Olds pace car. ( It's the one with the platform and huge Hurst shifter over the deck lid.). Apparently it suffered some damage.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:24 AM

Joe Spagnolito Hurst/Olds Club of America
17 hrs ·

I have never been nothing but a complete gentleman to EVERYONE that has ever ASKED me to take a photo on the platform with the shifter.
Frankly I’m not very happy with the way a certain group of our club took it upon THEMSELVES to climb up on my car and make an *** of themselves especially when I was nowhere around.
I’m very certain that if it was your car you would feel the same way!
I have been told by many that club members were on the platform making an *** of themselves so I’m not singling anyone out you all know who you are! You all have your own photos to prove it!
Please understand that my frustration is that I’m left with the task of repairing the damage to the body and the stress cracks from the rocking of the platform and shifter from people thinking my car was a jungle gym!
If anyone wants to contact me personally my cell phone number is (847) 525-9200.
I’m more than positive after we all review the photos taken you will more than understand my position as I would never have disrespected anyone’s property that way!
More importantly please forward this to all the people you know that took place in helping to cause the damage to my property!
I think I did a pretty good job keeping my cool Friday night after taking Linda to dinner only to come back and find out this news from the people that were in shock from club members actions.

Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:37 AM

Wow...that sucks! I'd be really angry.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:57 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Words fail me. (Not really but not in the mood to be banned)
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:34 PM

When I got up to Indy on Saturday, I saw Joe's car. Not seeing him around, I called him and told him some winos were sleeping in the back of it, and that one was doing a clog dance in golf shoes on the hood. I had no idea, nor did he tell me what had happened. What a cool guy. What morons..
Old July 22nd, 2019, 01:49 PM

One club not to belong too.Had a joker punch my side glass once .Put the GS in park and pop out kinda ****
I am 6 2 245lbs not fat the idiot was 5 7 150 Lbs did not go wellThe look on his face when I came out of the car
Priceless.
Alain
Old July 22nd, 2019, 03:18 PM
Olds Fanatic

So I guess my previous post was a little too harsh as it has been deleted. It does not change my opinion.

Joe,
I'm sorry for you buddy, no one deserves what happened here. My brother in-law and I saw what was going on thinking the car owner was aware and part of the "festivities"... did not realize the car was yours. I can't imagine how you feel, you are handling this far better than I would and I commend you for that. I hope they all (and there were quite a few) step up and take responsibility for their actions.

Dino
Old July 22nd, 2019, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Some peoples kids... Can't take them anywhere.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 04:57 PM

Good thing it wasn't my car they were defacing. If it was and I knew it, they would be paying a little fine to the local sheriff..
Old July 22nd, 2019, 05:28 PM

Yeah, Mr. shifter car contact the police. These days the litmus test for who is a genius and who isn't is committing criminal (and stupid) acts and posting video of the act online. Even if the posts are now gone a few emails from law enforcement to the proper web site parties will provide the visual evidence for something like charges of criminal damaging. The stuff we post is in a sense permanent fellas.

Some years ago I had my unrestored 1952 98 at a large local show and when I returned from walking around with my wife there was some doof and his doof son sitting in my car. Things got hot very fast but I felt bad afterwards when I discovered after some yelling this guy didn't really realize he made a huge mistake. No need for the cops that time.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 05:52 AM

A friend of mine with a fake Cobra ( fauxbra) we call them, parked it on Woodward, he went walking around, came back and a guy and his son was eating a ice cream in the car. ��

is is that big shifter a dual gate?

Last edited by Burd; July 23rd, 2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 09:39 AM
Olds Fanatic

[QUOTE=
...is is that big shifter a dual gate?[/QUOTE]

Its a 4spd Competion Plus shifter with line-loc button.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 10:33 AM

The HOCA is a fine club, and better than the OCA in many ways. There is a big push to find these people (who may not have been in the club) and hold them financially responsible. I personally would hold them physically responsible, too.

One of the reasons our country sucks more now is that good people do not enforce manners on bad people.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
The HOCA is a fine club, and better than the OCA in many ways. There is a big push to find these people (who may not have been in the club) and hold them financially responsible. I personally would hold them physically responsible, too.

One of the reasons our country sucks more now is that good people do not enforce manners on bad people.
The guy pictured is a member of the Hurst Club and well known.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 02:16 PM
www.gbodyolds.com

I saw Waverlyn Karch up there as well as her grandchild and a few other older ladies that were with her get up there around 7:45pm on Friday, they posted pictures on FB immediately after but removed them since.
The damage was discovered later Friday when Joe returned from dinner with Linda.
Not sure if she has talked to Joe or provided information in regards to the others that were up there but people were not jumping around etc but it seems there were enough people taking photo ops to eventually cause some damage...
The picture is Ron Krier, he took it on Sunday at 1am well after the damage occurred albeit Joe is still not happy about it since it's an example of what occurred on Friday.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 04:27 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

I saw this and I just can't believe some Olds enthusiasts that know the value and own these cars would do this to another Olds enthusiasts car. Totally unbelievable!
Some people think they are better then others and can do what they want when they want...acting like spoiled brats!
If that was my car and it needed paint work because of this and I found the offenders,I would demand them pay for a complete paint job.
Why should the owner have to settle for a paint job that is blended or may not be a perfect match because of others crime?
I would take it to court and sue.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 05:10 PM

I don’t know what’s worse, someone crawling up on your car, or having a platform strapped on your car and a big shifter sticking up, so you can stand up there.
heres prob why the guy went up there.

Last edited by Burd; July 23rd, 2019 at 05:21 PM.
Old July 24th, 2019, 04:22 PM

Wow, this is disheartening on so many levels. I sincerely hope you can bring accountability to these idiots.
Old July 24th, 2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by 66-3X2 442
The guy pictured is a member of the Hurst Club and well known.
So, is he an epic d-bag? Or just drunk at the time?
Old July 24th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Lansing built

Some people, think they are entitled! I can't believe that age of people did not learn if it's not yours, don't touch it!

Pat
Old January 18th, 2021, 08:48 PM
Banned

Wow. What in the F is wrong with ANY of you idiots. Plenty of you said it already. I wouldn't disrespect someone's four door rusted out 300k mile anything like that. Let alone multiple people. Where in the 🤬 is your head?? I hope you all feel like the shi you acted like. ZERO Excuse. Period!! You Trashed an amazing car. You didn't give a crap doing that As you knew what you were doing. Then you egotistical dick heads post pictures?? Ha ha. Look what we did... Not just one person either. Wow. Blows me away. Oldsmobile people have roots. All you jerks? Not so much. You f ed up something LINDA VAUGHN looked forward to. Let alone the proud owner of the car. What the F??? You suck. ALL of you idiots.

Last edited by no1oldsfan; January 18th, 2021 at 08:50 PM.
Old January 18th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Burd

I don’t know what’s worse, someone crawling up on your car, or having a platform strapped on your car and a big shifter sticking up, so you can stand up there.
heres prob why the guy went up there.
Burd nice comment. You are a D'bag
Old January 18th, 2021, 09:27 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

This thread is a year and a half old.
Old January 18th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Banned

Doesn't matter. Jerks need to be held accountable
Old January 18th, 2021, 11:40 PM

Hold all accountable and prosecute

I would have lost my mind if it was mine. I'd be in jail for that. Hope Joe got this figured out. These individuals should be banned from the club or group period!!
Old January 19th, 2021, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by 66sportcoupe
i would have lost my mind if it was mine. I'd be in jail for that. Hope joe got this figured out. These individuals should be banned from the club or group period!!
this.
Old January 19th, 2021, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by no1oldsfan
Doesn't matter. Jerks need to be held accountable
Yup. if this thread is a year old, 3 years old, should not matter, those that did this should be reminded of what they did, and others reminded to not allow them at events or their vehicles.
hopefully if they were part of an olds club, they got told there is the door. or the whole club is no better than those that did it.