General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

How much is this toro worth?

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM

How much is this toro worth?

I recently found a 68 Toronado with a nice 455 in it. Car has no paperwork, but has a lot of useable parts for you guys. I can pick it up, running and driving for 500. I just want the motor for my car because like i said earlier, it spun a bearing. Please let me know, if its worth 500, ill pick it up, keep the motor, and the rest will be up here for sale to you guys!!
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM

Sound like a good deal, the motor alone is worth $500. It should have C heads and maybe even a steel crank. Pick it up and I'm sure you can get $500 worth of parts out of it.After that probably worth $100-200 in scrap. Jkaz
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:54 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by The_Jeremiah
I recently found a 68 Toronado with a nice 455 in it. Car has no paperwork, ...
Once again, I am very nervous of cars without a title. The DMV in virtually every state in the union has a process for the legal owner to replace a lost title. Here in VA it takes a form and $5. If someone can't be bothered to do that, then they likely don't really own the car, either.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM

thats true... thats how i found my cutlass, but it was the property owner i had to go through, looks like im getting the car. So the toronado is going to be up for sale ill sell the transmission with it if im offered enough, otherwise im keeping it, off the top of my head i know it has a good driver side door, headlight buckets, rear bumper is mint! tailight lenses, trunk lid, fuel door cover, steering wheel, column, front and rear seat need to be redone, but it has the split tilt bench with the armrest in the middle. i would prefer to have someone take the entire car at once. ill get a more accurate discription, and pictures in the for sale section once i get the car.
Old October 24th, 2008, 08:09 AM

In Washington State, If you have a noterized bill of sale you can take the parts of the car you want and sell it to a wrecking yard. You cannot resale to another person.
Old October 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM

oh, well i did talk to the wrecking yard, and they will take it with no paperwork, however if i have enough interest in it, ill pull all the useable parts off the car right away, and take the frame and body to the yard. its a shame to have it crushed, but i personally dont want to go through the process again for this car the interior is nice, but thats about it aside from the motor, im not to sure on the story, the guy bought it from his friend, who bought it from someone who had a stroke, but it still alive, and its still in his name, although he is living in a retirement home somewhere?!? i cant remember lol. Its actually a really unfortinate story, all i know, is i want the motor
Old October 25th, 2008, 04:31 AM

where is the car?
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM

ellensburg washington, transmission might be shot too, it slipped out of gear, and started smoking out the fill tube. might just be low on fluid, ill take some pictures tomorrow, got her home today. rear bumper is there, but has a small ding in it, interior is in really nice shape! the dash is amazing, but has a crack in it. windshield is mint! but like i said, ill take some pics, and post everything in the for sale section so its easier to find.