General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

how depressing is this one...

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2010, 07:19 AM
NôôB

how depressing is this one...

decided to go to a place called Biff Buzby on the north part of town with the hurst and it was a good turn out of about 200 or so cars i would think. but out of all of those cars i was the only freaking olds guy out there. needless to say i got a LOT of compliments on her and everyone loved the nonmolested look to it but come on people the only olds out there. but on an upside there was a 68 hurst olds there the week before, so cant wait to see that one
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by sicky olds
decided to go to a place called Biff Buzby on the north part of town with the hurst and it was a good turn out of about 200 or so cars i would think. but out of all of those cars i was the only freaking olds guy out there. needless to say i got a LOT of compliments on her and everyone loved the nonmolested look to it but come on people the only olds out there. but on an upside there was a 68 hurst olds there the week before, so cant wait to see that one
Yeah, we're a unique group.
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM

Not surprising.
I went to a local show a couple years ago - 200 cars, no Olds. (I rode the bike in.)
We ARE a unique group.
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:22 AM

Shorten that to oldsuniques
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM
NôôB

but on a plus side met withthe big guns for the olds club and he looks forward to help me and knows some people and all that jazz
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Registered

I always see Oldsmobiles her in Oldshio.
I was at the local cruise last Tuesday and of about 200 cars there were fifteen '70-'72 Cutlass, a few 442's and full size... one blue Vista Cruiser.
I just took the Vista around the block and saw two '72 442 convertibles.
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Oldsdruid

Get used to it. I went to a local show today and did not see nare Olds, though there was about every flavor of 69 Camaro imaginable. Yah, I know, shoulda took one of mine, but I honestly do not enjoy sitting with the car in the hot sun all day any more. Cruise night is more my style.

Now tonight's dilemma- go to the cruise night up in Chatham, or go to the Saturday night antique auction which natcherly has something tonight I want.

Just curious Sicky- who did you meet?
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:40 PM
NôôB

guy named ralph gaines. he is from the north texas charter olds, not the OCA, mistype on my part lol. i am guessing he is one of their "officer" type people for the club down here
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:45 PM

To me that's one of the best things about our cars, you don't see yourself coming and going like a Chevelle or Camaro! With so few built to begin with and less surviving today it gives us exclusivity and I like that. I bought a Brand New Trans Am in 1998 and around New England there really weren't that many. Then after 5 years I moved to SW Florida and they were EVERYWHERE!! Grandmothers were driving them! So I sold mine because I couldn't stand the fact that you couldn't spit without hitting one! I don't have that problem anymore.
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:55 AM

There always seems to be more Olds in the NE then here down south. In fact, most old stuff is found there, too. Some of the most cared for antiques can be had in the NE. People there seemed to care more about history, I guess. Here in Dallas, it is a throwaway city.
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Crazy Canuck

Went to a show a couple of weekends ago. Over 400 cars and 5 Olds. I would hate to have had a Chevelle, Camaro, Mustang or Corvette because 85% of the cars were these. Probably sucks when everyone is gathered around an Olds because it is rarer and everyone passes by your Chevelle because it looks the same as the other 100 down the street!!

Just another reason to love Olds...

Wayne
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by oldsca
Went to a show a couple of weekends ago. Over 400 cars and 5 Olds. I would hate to have had a Chevelle, Camaro, Mustang or Corvette because 85% of the cars were these. Probably sucks when everyone is gathered around an Olds because it is rarer and everyone passes by your Chevelle because it looks the same as the other 100 down the street!!

Just another reason to love Olds...

Wayne
I sold a nice '71 Chevelle SS454 to buy my 442 and I attend shows/cruise-ins just about every weekend and my 442 gets WAAAAYY more attention than my Chevelle EVER did. It seemed like gearheads were the only ones that would give my Chevelle a second look whereas EVERYBODY loves the 442. Women, children, car people, non-car people. Nobody ever wanted to get their picture taken with my Chevelle and the 8-track blows people's minds.