General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Happy Fathers Day Dads!

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2017, 10:11 AM

Happy Fathers Day Dads!

Happy Father's Day to all of the dad's out there! May it be a great day shared with family and most importantly a good ride with your kids in your favourite Oldsmobile. A lot of my favourite old car memories are with my dad who's still an old car enthusiast today. He restored my 72 W30 convertible in 1980. It still wears that paint today. Cheers to the dad's!
Old June 18th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Right back atcha Al.
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:36 PM

Spent the day driving round the mountains with the the old man(90 last December), he drove We didn't take any convertible because of the heat, just kinda rolled the miles off in his town car with the AC blasting. Had some BBQ ribs at a little joint in Mineral Ca. and called it a day. Our trips keep getting shorter but better.

If you haven't give your old guy a call do so, someday sooner than you think you won't be able to..... Tedd
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Olds Fever

Thanks Al and the same to you... It's always a great feeling to know you are appreciated and respected by your kids (and grand kids as well)... Spent time with most of them today, a couple are located out of state but we talked on the phone, YES actually talked on a phone...
Old June 18th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Tedd I know you realize how fortunate you are to still have your Dad and be able to spend time with him. Bless you both.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads. I was fortunate to have both my son and daughter and all three grandchildren here today. My wife fried chicken for me (nobody does it better) and my daughter made one of her outstanding banana puddings. It was a great day and I am very thankful for it.
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:05 PM

How lucky I'am

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Tedd I know you realize how fortunate you are to still have your Dad and be able to spend time with him. Bless you both.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads. I was fortunate to have both my son and daughter and all three grandchildren here today. My wife fried chicken for me (nobody does it better) and my daughter made one of her outstanding banana puddings. It was a great day and I am very thankful for it.
Thanks for your thoughts..... Tedd
Old June 19th, 2017, 05:59 AM

I think that I must have this Father's Day thing backwards.

My brother an I spent Father's Day weekend putting a new roof on my Mom's house. At least we made it a family affair. My sons ripped off the old roof and pulled all the old nails. They then got to have fun schlepping shingles up to my brother and me. My nephew got to cut the ridge vent and my wife kept the iced tea coming.

Hard work. But an enjoyable weekend.

Last edited by chip-powell; June 19th, 2017 at 09:55 AM.