General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Hacking Rallye 350's Just For The Parts

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2013, 10:56 PM

Hacking Rallye 350's Just For The Parts

Quote: Originally Posted by

They have to get valuable sooner or later. If ----- and I keep cutting them up, they should get rare.

You are joking?

Rallye 350's are one of Oldsmobile's great cars, built with just the right parts and engine to make them unique, especially considering why they were built and at such a great value for the package.

It is too bad hackers now and in the past have made them an endangered species, with great examples lost forever.

Also making them interesting is the vast differences from one to another, of course not the paint and trim, but the way they were optioned, with F-85 Rallye 350's loaded with options to the "S" models with only one or two options, and vice-versa.

To gut these cars for parts, especially when they are still restorable, is an out crime. They are just as desirable & valuable as the W-30's, W-31's, H/O's, V-Codes, SX's, etc....

The Rallye 350 still gets the same positive comments and stares today, as they did in the day, from the young to the old.
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:08 AM

4 speed, bench seat , sport coupe , RALLYE 350. Just what the DR. Orded Is it true you killed a man Billy? "Ya" what did you kill him for Billy? Hacking a rallye
Ok movie buff will get that part of my post

Last edited by firefrost gold; June 28th, 2013 at 04:11 AM.
Old June 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by anthonyp
quote: Originally posted by

they have to get valuable sooner or later. If ----- and i keep cutting them up, they should get rare.

you are joking?

Rallye 350's are one of oldsmobile's great cars, built with just the right parts and engine to make them unique, especially considering why they were built and at such a great value for the package.

It is too bad hackers now and in the past have made them an endangered species, with great examples lost forever.

Also making them interesting is the vast differences from one to another, of course not the paint and trim, but the way they were optioned, with f-85 rallye 350's loaded with options to the "s" models with only one or two options, and vice-versa.

To gut these cars for parts, especially when they are still restorable, is an out crime. They are just as desirable & valuable as the w-30's, w-31's, h/o's, v-codes, sx's, etc....

The rallye 350 still gets the same positive comments and stares today, as they did in the day, from the young to the old.
agreed !!!!!!!
Old June 29th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I have never owned a Rallye 350 and unfortunately probably never will. I have admired them since they were new. Nothing else looks like them and I think they are a good value. Not everybody can afford a W30 or Hurst Olds.
Old June 29th, 2013, 07:50 AM

Yes, he was joking.

Although many years ago we were cutting up and junking stuff that wasn't worth fixing then but would be now. "Today, we're restoring cars in worse shape than what we parted out in the 1980's and 90's". I've heard that statement several times.

John