General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

grant steering wheel horn cap issues.

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2015, 06:39 PM
jfb

grant steering wheel horn cap issues.

well 1 last thing creeped in guys on my grant steering wheel the horn cap popped off. I am letting you know how to fix this issue if you have it happen to you. 1 tape the horn wire around the hubs outer edge to avoid a pinched wire and blowing horn and of course follow the directions first of all like the locations of the different holes. 2 bend the horn caps indents with channel locks etc and use some rtv and do not forget to tape the spring in place. this seems to be the usual issues with grant wheels. i replaced mine after many years of service and these issues on my new one were fixed with these ideas. I did not think it would work but now the horn works and the cap does not fly off due to spring tension and of course giving the cap a slight twist after in the proper direction. good luck if you need to do one they are sharp looking and now there downfalls can be fixed by you.
Old September 28th, 2015, 07:03 PM
jfb

end of the season.

I forgot to add this guys I parked the olds tonight for the winter. the nights will be in the 40,s or maybe 50,s according to weather guys. summers over and so is my insurance. the oil I use is 2 thick for cold weather starting.