General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Good deal on wheels

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM

Good deal on wheels

Is $75 a good deal on 4 ssII or ssIII? One wheel needs a center cap and all wheels have there beauty rings. The beauty rings due show some scratches and dents but I do have a set of 4 nice beauty ring off of a 73 CS.
Thanks, Mike
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM

yes that's a decent deal, though if it is for 15 x 7 bolt on center cap rims then its a steal.
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:26 AM

They are the 14in unfortunately. I am just tired of my Cragars, I put brand new B F Goodrich T/A's on the Cragars recently and when I left the shop my car vibrated like crazy so i went back and told them that one of the tires was not balanced properly. They checked and said that my passenger side front tire was out of round. I asked if they were talking about the tire or rim and they said tire. I had ordered the tires from Tire Rack since no one around could get the size I want. I called tire rack and told them I had a problem with the tire and they sent a replacement for free. I took the car back to the shop and let them replace the tire and it still had the shake to it. Then they told me my rim was out of round. By this time I was getting pissed off at the situation and decided to take care of it later. A few weeks later I drove the car to work and at lunch I went to discount tire to see if they could balance the tire. NOPE. He said the rim was bent. He showed me when it was on the machine and the tire and rim had a side to side movement to it. I think it's funny how the car never shook before I put new tires on it. I replaced the tires with the exact same size and brand tire that came off of it. My cragars are the uni holes. I have heard that they need a different type of machine to balance properly sometimes. Is that true?
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM

I used to work in a tire shop a long time ago, when we balanced wheels there was fittings that were used to clamp the rim to the machine, they would fit in the center of the rim Needed the proper ones or the rim wouldn't fit or if they didn't set it right before they tightened it may of bent it then or may be they drop the rim with out the tire on it.