General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Going Stock on 67 442

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2013, 07:57 AM

Going Stock on 67 442

Looking at past threads I am trying to figure out where the TACH goes on a 67 442 that I have. I have the vacuum gauge in the center console, but want to know where the tach goes if I can find one, either on the steering column or mounted on left side of dash. Also did the exhaust come straight out the back or out the sides in front of rear tires. Thanks for the help.
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 44two
Looking at past threads I am trying to figure out where the TACH goes on a 67 442 that I have. I have the vacuum gauge in the center console, but want to know where the tach goes if I can find one, either on the steering column or mounted on left side of dash. Also did the exhaust come straight out the back or out the sides in front of rear tires. Thanks for the help.
The tach goes in the RH gauge pod along with the rest of the rally pac gauges. The chrome console-mount tach was not used in 67. I'm not sure the vac gauge was a factory option that year, either.

Old June 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Trying to remember member

What you need, my friend, is Wild About Cars. There you will find all of the details about how your '67 should be. All available free of charge in downloadable .pdf format.
Like the Assembly Manual:
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...aldisplayed=50
and Chassis Service Manual:
http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/cgi-b...aldisplayed=50

Wild About Cars. http://wildaboutcars.com. An information supersource, especially Oldsmobile. More Olds content than anywhere else on the internet and continuing to grow.
You'll find Chassis Service Manuals, Product Information Manuals (AKA Assembly Manuals), Inspector's Manuals, and other documents that will contain this and much much more.
Dealer Brochures, magazine ads and articles, and the Automotive History Preservation Society library growing daily.
Free to join, free to learn.
Old June 10th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
I'm not sure the vac gauge was a factory option that year, either.
The vacuum gauge was not available in '67.
The vacuum gage was not itself an option in previous years, but was included with the console on stick cars.
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM

So if I put a tach on it, would it be more appropriate to place it on steering column or on the left side of dash. Also this was a one owner car, and its a 67 4spd, and it has the original vacuum gauge on the console, anyway not a big deal, but conflicting.
Old June 11th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by 44two
So if I put a tach on it, would it be more appropriate to place it on steering column or on the left side of dash.
And as I said in my earlier post, if you are going "stock" per your thread title, neither is appropriate. If you don't really care about stock, do whatever you want.