General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

GM Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM

GM Carlisle

Who's going? What days? And is anyone vending Olds parts?
Old June 21st, 2012, 05:29 AM

I guess no one is going?
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM

I'm judging at the Camaro nationals so I won't be attending. Given the fallout with Carlisle, the American Camaro Association moved their show to Frederick MD. Will miss seeing all the other GM makes at Carlisle. Plus the indoor display always had some great cars. The vendor displays at the GM show have seemed to decline in quality over the years
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM

The Delaware Valley Oldsmobile club has a group going on Saturday and a few members on Sunday. The Blue/Gray Olds club will have some members there too. I think I will go tomorrow but dont know what the turnout will be. I think Saturday is the big day for cars. Last year Olds parts were next to nill at this event.
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM

If I go Friday I am not paying the $40 to put the car into the show for just a few hours. I'll park in the armory and just browse the vendors and the few Oldsmobile's that will be there then head north to my parents. The way its sounding it will probably be a disappointment.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Pacecar
I'm judging at the Camaro nationals so I won't be attending. Given the fallout with Carlisle, the American Camaro Association moved their show to Frederick MD. Will miss seeing all the other GM makes at Carlisle. Plus the indoor display always had some great cars. The vendor displays at the GM show have seemed to decline in quality over the years
The "all-GM" show has been "Camaros at Carlisle" for years. Maybe this will be different. I'll be there Saturday with the 62 wagon.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:57 PM

Just got back, I think there were 3 Oldsmobiles in the show car area, a couple for sale and very few parts. I picked up 4 66 tri spinner spoke hubcaps for 20 bucks mostly for the 3 good spinners and thats about all. I did see a 64-66 B body Muncie 4spd shifter and non console boot bolted to a Pontiac Long tail Muncie. Guys swore it was all original out of a full size 421 Pontiac and I could not sway him to believe otherwise. I wanted to buy the shifter and boot but he would not seperate them as they all go together...AHEM!. He wanted 700 for the package...
Old June 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
JI did see a 64-66 B body Muncie 4spd shifter and non console boot bolted to a Pontiac Long tail Muncie. Guys swore it was all original out of a full size 421 Pontiac and I could not sway him to believe otherwise. I wanted to buy the shifter and boot but he would not seperate them as they all go together...AHEM!. He wanted 700 for the package...
That's on the high end but not out of line.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:54 AM

I passed on the whole idea. Headed right to my parents Friday. Maybe next year?
Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Old(s) Fart

Just got back. Nice turnout of Oldsmobiles, but I'm really tired of parking near that "Ghostbusters" Custom Cruiser and having the music broadcast every ten minutes or so. Had a little excitement with the 62 when a tire came apart on the way home. Limped home on the 50 year old spare.

Quite a variety of Olds parts in the (small) swap meet area. Saw Diego and a few others from CO. The turbocharged Quad 4 parked next to me was interesting.

Also, as usual, there were four 1968 442s, three of them had W36 stripes, and all were in the wrong place.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM

I just got home from the NAOC national meet in Columbus, Indiana. good group of people. It was a good time . More oldsmobiles than carlisle . No camaros. Only oldsmobiles.