General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fusick vs. Parts Place

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Ack!!

ok I have dealt with Garrett there on stuff for my 65 -- Fusick has virtually nothing for a 65 that I needed so I had to work with them. So far its ok car is at Upholstery now.. Guess we will see.

Thanks

Paul
Old April 19th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Daycab
Anyone use Inline tube? Just curious as a new to Olds guy..
Yes, very happy.
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM

Fusick is always professional, they love Oldsmobiles, and they honestly earn my patronage.

BTW I am a fervent Parts Place Hater!! They falsely described a very high dollar part and charged me a whopping restocking fee which I disputed till the cows came home but they did not give a rat's *** about me (the customer). I make sure that anything I buy is not made by them or associated with any licensing they may have.

Again Fusick is always my first choice...
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:37 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Year One is also great. I've used both with the same results. I've been using both YO & Fusick from their very beginnings. Anyone remember when Year Ones catalog was a mimeograph copy? Thats when they were based in Tucker GA. I still have that as well as their first professional version which has xerox copies for pages. Still use the production #s pages out of that one. Both have great customer service. Mr. Fusick will actually talk with you and help with what ever issues you may have. What other Olds vendor offers the elliptical bullet tipped front fender (almost 100% correct) antenna for a 68 at a decent cost? Only Fusick.
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM

I use inline tube and various swap meet vendors. Won't touch thoses A..holes at parts place with a 15 foot pole!
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM

Fusick for my 1959 Olds needs here in Australia.
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:36 PM

Does anyone else feel like that $2.50 charge that Year One has for "Package Protection" is akin to blackmail? I always feel if I don't pay the $2.50 they will just not send me my stuff and then say "well, you should have paid the protection!" It's different than a third party like USPS charging insurance, USPS don't have anything to gain by "losing" a package. Or is it just me?
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:06 PM
GM Enthusiast

I mostly buy from Fusick's and Brothers. I know others have complained about Brothers, but I have ordered from them several times without any issues. I have also ordered from Inline tube for several projects and their quality is excellent too. I also recommend Legendary for interior parts.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Anyone use Inline tube? Just curious as a new to Olds guy..
Great company to do business with. Quality parts and services.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by starfire
Does anyone else feel like that $2.50 charge that Year One has for "Package Protection" is akin to blackmail? I always feel if I don't pay the $2.50 they will just not send me my stuff and then say "well, you should have paid the protection!" It's different than a third party like USPS charging insurance, USPS don't have anything to gain by "losing" a package. Or is it just me?
I agree Allan-the shipping on my seat plates was 23.00 guess that included the $2.50 charge.But had to have them. Parts were only 39. Package Protection-oh my
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by OLDScience
Fusick is always professional, they love Oldsmobiles, and they honestly earn my patronage.

BTW I am a fervent Parts Place Hater!! They falsely described a very high dollar part and charged me a whopping restocking fee which I disputed till the cows came home but they did not give a rat's *** about me (the customer). I make sure that anything I buy is not made by them or associated with any licensing they may have.

Again Fusick is always my first choice...
I'm in KY and it takes so long to get stuff. I call once and the guy said well were in Calf.No more Fusick for me
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Navy P-3 FE (Ret.)

Originally Posted by starfire
That and the fact that the S&H is high is why I don't use them unless as a last resort and I have to be desperate. The few times I used them I didn't pay the $2.50, the packages took awhile to arrive. It does make you wonder what they will protect your package from and why they offer it.
I'll admit they offer a wide assortment of parts and they stock things that nobody else has, I only wish they didn't charge so much to ship things out.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by 67Olds442X2
That and the fact that the S&H is high is why I don't use them unless as a last resort and I have to be desperate. The few times I used them I didn't pay the $2.50, the packages took awhile to arrive. It does make you wonder what they will protect your package from and why they offer it.
I'll admit they offer a wide assortment of parts and they stock things that nobody else has, I only wish they didn't charge so much to ship things out.
Agreed! If you notice if you order online there is a box you can check that deletes this charge-on the phone they got ya. Nice thought what are they protecting our package from
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM

i have had nothing but problems with the parts place and will avoid them at all cost, they sent me a tcs which was full of spots on the plating. they sent me back a message that they were all that way. just to send it back and told me thay were the only one that have the item and that gm didn"t make show cars.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM

Ordered some stuff from Fusick today.. guy on the phone was very knowledgeable and knew his parts.. I just ordered a decal and some bric a brac but we'll see how the small stuff goes before I start on the big stuff..
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:02 PM

Inline tube is good as is Fusicks. I did order something from parts place but I didn't have any issues with them that I can remember. I bought a new exterior mirror from Fusicks and the glass had a scratch on it from the bracket that shipped with it. I just sent it back and they sent me a new one no problem. I bought my fuel lines from inline tube and had no issues with them at all.
Old April 24th, 2013, 11:55 PM

PP is not a bad drive for me so I'll go up there and get what I need. Like others say the service suuuuucks, but prices are great. Owner Joe acts like his boo boo doesn't stink so I get in and get out. Workers are OK they do what they need to do. I would never order online from them takes forever.
Old April 26th, 2013, 03:53 PM

Ordered some stuff from Fusick today.. guy on the phone was very knowledgeable and knew his parts.. I just ordered a decal and some bric a brac but we'll see how the small stuff goes before I start on the big stuff..
Stuff was ordered on Monday, and here by Weds evening.. Everything was perfect and the quality top notch.

When I say the guy on the phone knew his parts, I mean he knows his cars too.. When I got this car into my garage and started going through it, I noticed I had no hold down for the spare tire. Everything else was there but the wingnut to tighten it all up was just gone.

When I ordered the nut, the guy on the phone asked me what kind of wheels I had.. I told him they were chrome rally type wheels and I wasnt sure. He told me if I have the wheels he thinks I have, they use a special lug type fastener. I told him to ship the correct part kind of not sure but just trusting the guy.

Turns out that's the exact part I needed at least according to the jack diagram in the trunk. The whole thing went together perfectly and I feel like a pro.

I WILL be doing business with these guys again.
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mr. Johnson

Fusick, Year One, USA Parts Supply, In line tube and Parts place. In that order. I've never used brothers because of reputation.
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Fusicks, Supercarsunlimited, ILT..
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:06 PM

This is a copy of my thread I created some time back. For some reason I am yet to receive a reply from the management at USA Parts Supply as I sent a formal complaint to them. 'Go figure'!.

Hi everyone,

Well, I used to do a lot of business with USA Parts Supply for my Olds parts. Not anymore. And a lesson for others In Australia, New Zealand and anywhere they (US Parts Supply) have to ship offshore.

Ordered my floor plug kit and 2 x hood to fender bumpers. Got package the other day. Floor plug kit good, however sent me the the adjustable hood bumpers instead. I already have those. I only wanted the 2 hood to fender bumpers. So I can see where the mix up on their behalf could be as adjustable bumpers come in packs of 2.

Sent an email to see about getting this mix up rectified and had to end up contacting by phone as no one was going to reply to my emails.

From the outset as soon as I mention problem with the order the usual happened, "oh sir could you speak more clearly I can hardly understand you", "what do you want, to exchange sir?" and on and on and on.
We no longer use string and 2 tin cans for telephones here so I was pretty sure he was having a go, oh and the fact that I have always rang the U.S to place parts orders for my American cars, I have done this for the last 3 years and no dramas until today apparently.

I was also told that they went off a product code given to them, funny, I rang the order through from Australia as I always have done and don't know the product number. Just described what I wanted from their catalogue as the part numbers do not corespond to the pictures. He did not appreciate it when I said the person taking the order put that number in as I ordered over the phone.

When he worked out I was not going to go away the phone line came good and a new order was placed. I was going to have to pay for 2 new:
1/ Hood to fender bumpers
2/ Postage to Australia
3/ $15 processing documentaion fee.
If I wished I could "keep the hood bumpers as they would fit your car" or return them for a refund at my expense. All because of their stuff-up.
Yeah great!!

As for the $15 documentation fee I questioned this via email. This was the reply.
"We charge a 15.00 documentation fee to cover all of the paperwork that needs to be filled out for anything going out of the country. It is stated on the back of the order forms in our catalog. "

Other places I deal with its all part of the service. Back of the order form??
I do all my purchases over the phone and I have had enough stuff shipped from the U.S to know whats involved in that paperwork. It is not rocket science nor time consuming.

Anyway, Non too politely told thingy what I thought of his beligerent attitude and what he could do with his stuff.

Things can be worked out, but beligerence and making up silly childish remarks and carrying on in a prefessional business invironment is beyond comprehension. If this is the way employees behave to loyal customers , I'll take my business elsewhere as they are not the only Oldsmobile parts suppliers and this mob are far from the cheapest nor the people I wish to be associated with.

This is just the facts of what occured this morning.
I just want to warn my fellow 'off shore' buyers of what can happen and yes it did take me by surprise.

Regards

Last edited by 5998DownUnder; April 27th, 2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: stuff will not edit
Old April 27th, 2013, 02:40 PM

I really appreciate threads such as this one. Trust me. I don't buy from businesses such as US Parts Supply after hearing stories like the one written above. I am a strong believer in customer service and I am tired of hearing snot nose brats as they explain poorly written policies designed to snooker the consumer. Like we are all actually that stupid.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Parts Place won't ship to Canada so I don't use them unless I can get someone to forward stuff to me. .
Actually Parts Place will ship here. I just ordered reproduction floor mats from them that no one else has. The 73-77 A bodies are starting to see reproduction items made and Parts Place seems to lead with the most choice in that deprtment. Also a member of our club is completing his 1969 442 W30 4 speed convertible and he was looking to order a 4 speed reproduction radiator from them as no one else seemed to have one.

I've used Parts Place, Fusick, OPGI, Supercars Unlimited and I have to say that they've all done good by me.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
Actually Parts Place will ship here. I just ordered reproduction floor mats from them that no one else has.
That's ironic because I just bought a complete set of B32/B33 floor mats from them. They said they wouldn't ship here. I had to get a CO member in the US to buy and forward them to me. Glad to hear they were more user friendly to you. Did you use their ebay store or their on line catalogue parts shopping?
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:05 PM

That's ironic because I just bought a complete set of B32/B33 floor mats from them. They said they wouldn't ship here. I had to get a CO member in the US to buy and forward them to me. Glad to hear they were more user friendly to you. Did you use their ebay store or their on line catalogue parts shopping?
I used their website. Once I ordered I got an email saying that they would confirm the order with another email. That was Saturday. On Monday I got the email and then another email on Thursday saying the order shipped. About two weeks later the mats (4)were at the door along with a new face plate for my dual gate shifter. Delivered as promised, so I can't complain.
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Seems strange they won't ship to Canada from their ebay store. Glad you got good service and the parts you were looking for. Are their shipping prices 'reasonable'?
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:42 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Here is a good one for you.
Guy walks into Inline Tube..
Thats right it's a joke.
"Inline Tube" that is..
I needed 7 Dash Placques last week.
I walked into Inline Tube and watched 10 people behind the wall.And another 8 behind another wall.Do nothing ..2 walked right past me never acknowledged me.One guy told me someone would be right with me.He is SUCKING on a sandwich.
10 minutes later I was in my car calling Fusick..
Must have been the Camouflage.
Marco.....?
Polo......?
Never again..My Buddies at Fusick especially the ones in the Lingerie section have the BEST Customer Service..End of Story..

Last edited by rroth01; April 28th, 2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old April 30th, 2013, 03:40 AM

That's odd, I was at Inlne Tube last week and had NO problem. Glad to hear your Buddies at Fusicks are looking after you. I used to deal with Fusicks also, that is until one of your Fusick Buddies got snarky over a returned substandard part. ( Got the proper unblemished part from Supercars Unlimited.)
On a side note, Legendary is so prompt? they sent me a part that I never even ordered!
Old April 30th, 2013, 06:40 PM

Seems strange they won't ship to Canada from their ebay store. Glad you got good service and the parts you were looking for. Are their shipping prices 'reasonable'?
I'd say they were reasonable. Can't remember exactly what they were but I'm cheap and I wasn't upset, so yeah, there were good.
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:55 AM
goin crusn in my55 olds

Originally Posted by 5998DownUnder
Fusick for my 1959 Olds needs here in Australia.
I agree even though I haven't used anyone else the service is so good at fusick , why use anyone else, I order over the phone and ask for the same rep as he knows me , shipping is just lightning quick , I orded a water pump for my 55 on a Tuesday midnight here Sydney time and recieved it Friday lunch time the same week, from US to Australia and my door step in 3 days, awesome and worth the extra cost and never had a mistake with any order.
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:24 AM

Beware of The Parts Place. Not good people to deal with in my opinion.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Govt slave

Hands down Fusick and Inline tube are the best for me...HOWEVER:

Don't forget to always check rockauto for "hard parts".
I ordered a gas tank from Inline and it came from the manufactuer Spectre.
I looked for the part # on rock auto and it was the same part,same manufature for almost 1/2 the price.
Inline charged $259...rockauto $132
Tank straps and sending unit were also much much cheaper.
This applies for springs,shocks,front end parts,alt,starters,fuel pumps,belts fans,clutches,gaskets ect..

Expensive Lesson learned
I could've saved about $200 on this purchase alone

Last edited by squirell; May 2nd, 2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM

Thanks Squirrel, I need to save as much as I can so I can restore my 69 W 30 I have had for over 30 years. She is in rough shape now, I restored it in 89 and I found it in a junk yard in Texas in 1981. I bought it for 900 dollars and now its going to easily cost me 9000 dollars with me doing all of the work.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Govt slave

Originally Posted by 442rocketdave
Thanks Squirrel, I need to save as much as I can so I can restore my 69 W 30 I have had for over 30 years. She is in rough shape now, I restored it in 89 and I found it in a junk yard in Texas in 1981. I bought it for 900 dollars and now its going to easily cost me 9000 dollars with me doing all of the work.
SWEET !!
You'll save thousands
Don't forget to google rock auto disc code or search on this site for it...sometimes save 10 % more
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:07 PM

I've been using Fusicks and The parts place both about equally. All of TPP orders have been through the website or ebay store so have not had to deal with any of the people there but have been really happy with the parts I have received and all shipping has been quick. recieve my new OAI Hood today. Looks good. Just my 2 cents worth
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:50 PM

I've bought from both and had no problems with either. I have bought parts form all the fenders and I'd recommend them all except BAP.

As others mentioned their are plenty of parts you can get right off the rack as well. Inline has a lot of the little items but so does the hardware store!
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Govt slave

Originally Posted by squirell
Hands down Fusick and Inline tube are the best for me...HOWEVER:

Don't forget to always check rockauto for "hard parts".
I ordered a gas tank from Inline and it came from the manufactuer Spectre.
I looked for the part # on rock auto and it was the same part,same manufature for almost 1/2 the price.
Inline charged $259...rockauto $132
Tank straps and sending unit were also much much cheaper.
This applies for springs,shocks,front end parts,alt,starters,fuel pumps,belts fans,clutches,gaskets ect..

Expensive Lesson learned
I could've saved about $200 on this purchase alone
UPDATE:
The parts I ordered from inline that inline make I am still waiting for after over a week...the parts I ordered from inline (at double the price) that came from other manufactures came in 2 days...slightly disapointed with them at this point.
I've had a gas tank sitting in my living room for a week and can't install it until inline sends me the rest of the package

Last edited by squirell; May 7th, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:05 AM

I use USApartssupply.com Never had an issue.

And why are people still paying for stone shields via outside vendors (and paying twice as much) when they are STILL available through the GM dealer?

John
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:48 PM

I'm local to Parts Place, and I won't even shop there anymore.
The owner is an arrogant ******** that's burned alot of mail order customers I've read about.

He also screwed over my powder coating guy sending him a bent Hurst Olds frame to powdercoat,
then blaming him for it being bent, and making him do the powder coat for free.

Locally I also have Tamraz, so I go there which is about an hour away from me.
I try to support the local vendors first and foremost, but if Tamraz can't get it, I'll call Fusick.

Last edited by Aceshigh; May 7th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.