General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2015, 11:23 AM

Fuel Lines

A question relating to fuel lines. The two short lines running through the front frame with the cloth around them are a bit pitted in places, so I thought I would replace them before the body goes back on. I looked at Inline Tube and they list each of the lines as two piece, but I certainly don't want the long section back to the tank, due to shipping costs. Has anybody been able to purchase just the two short pieces? Thanks.
Old February 8th, 2015, 02:34 PM

Don't know about buying them pre cut, buying the two sizes of tubing from the local auto parts store and bending them is not that bad. You can also go to a industrial equipment shop that does fittings and it's pretty cheap to have them make the lines. Just bring then you old lines.

Bill
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I contacted Inline Tube but they will only sell the two lines together, so I contacted Classic Tube and they were much more accommodating. Although they normally sell the main and return lines as a two piece set for each line, he agreed to sell me the two short pieces due to the extra shipping charges I would occur being from Canada. Now that is customer service. Kudos to them.