General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Freight

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2011, 08:35 PM

Freight

Does any one know a freight company that would haul a half of a 77 cutlass cab to Canada or at least to the North Dakota border?
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
...should get a life....

These guys maybe?
Seriously,..there are a couple of transport company search engines you'll find on google. Just plug in what you want and within a couple of days you should get responses and quotes from a number of companies. I've used a couple remotely from Australia and I have found M2Reeves Transport to be extremely efficient and one of the best priced. Not sure about parts / part cars though. Good luck.
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:49 PM

thanks
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
I've used a couple remotely from Australia and I have found M2Reeves Transport to be extremely efficient and one of the best priced.
STAY AWAY FROM M2REEVES

They are just a hiring service that subcontracts drivers nationwide. They don't honor their shipments of being damage free. Their subcontracted driver damaged my vehicle in transport in 2009 and I'm still trying to recoup the damages. Neither the drivers insurance, or M2Reeve's will stand behind their shipment policy if there is damage. I had to call the local Police to file a damage report and his pickup invoice showed ZERO damage, but dropoff = $4500 estimate in damages to my front fender grills, bumper, and hood.

I'm forced to hire a lawyer to sue an out of state company.

I found out AFTER I hired them that they were another shady business that changed it's name, and kept the phone number. Too many consumer complaints so they uprooted and changed the name to get a new reputation.

olds442deliveryday9medi.jpg

Last edited by Aceshigh; January 17th, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM

looks serious, cops involved?
Old January 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM

well thanks for the tip
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:39 PM
...should get a life....

Wow....sorry for the bum steer mate. M2Reeves had my car picked up on time from NC and delivered to CA in 4 days, enclosed and in spotless condition. No hassles, good price, etc. Maybe I was lucky. This was 26th January 2010,....Australia Day by chance.
Hey Aces....just something else we disagree on (so far Kyle it's gun laws & transport companies)
I'll definitely keep this one in mind though because I'm bound to be importing another car at some stage. I won't tempt fate.
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:55 PM

If it's not a full car (cab?) contact a couple of international freight forwarders and get some quotes. Where is it coming from? Do you have a broker?
Old January 18th, 2011, 07:22 AM

nope it is the back half of a 77 cutlass supreme. I told the guy instead of cutting off the quarters, cut the cab in half and send it to me. My body man than can change the whole quarter. We tried for the whole cab but no go.. She will be coming from Forth Worth, all the way up to the coldest part of the world, Manitoba. lol -30 before the wind,-37 with the wind and for you fahrenheit guys that is -22 before the wind and the wind your looking at -35 And nope don't have a broker, but have a import number.
Old January 18th, 2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
Wow....sorry for the bum steer mate. M2Reeves had my car picked up on time from NC and delivered to CA in 4 days, enclosed and in spotless condition. No hassles, good price, etc. Maybe I was lucky. This was 26th January 2010,....Australia Day by chance.
Hey Aces....just something else we disagree on (so far Kyle it's gun laws & transport companies)
I'll definitely keep this one in mind though because I'm bound to be importing another car at some stage. I won't tempt fate.
How's the big flooding going on,slowing down. Some pretty serious stuff we see up here
Old January 18th, 2011, 07:26 AM

Tried one from Winterpeg but a no go. I will try a few others, may end up 30 hour road trip again, now those are fun. As long as you guys have a Timmies every hour along the way,we will go for it. lol