General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Found something interesting

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2018, 06:00 AM

Found something interesting

I found this website here https://www.friendcentive.com/campai...s9Dxi6mRPZjhQL where you can try to win stuff for 1$ including this car. I figure it's only a buck anyway why not try it. What do you think?

Last edited by DannyDan; August 30th, 2018 at 04:33 AM.
Old August 29th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Good luck, I would not give my credit/debit info to any goofy site. They actually charge your card $1.85 if you read the user agreement.
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:33 AM

What do I think? I think there's no way on god's green earth I'm going to click on a fishy link like that from someone with only 3 other very generic posts in the forum. That's what I think.

Scam spam...
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:47 AM

Weird formatting is another thing. If it is a strange type that looks like they copy and pasted it from somewhere, then they probably did.

I wish eternal diarrhea on the spammer.
Old August 29th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Rocket Renegade!

I wouldn't even risk clicking on the thing, much less entering in any personal info.

I think the forums have figured you out, DannyDan. Go away.
Old August 29th, 2018, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by DannyDan
What do you think?
I think you are dumber than you think we are.
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:31 PM

I think Danny should be banned.
Old August 29th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Since we are talking about scams, I will take this opportunity to warn you guys about one going around. I got this thing on my screen last week that looked official and was from Microsoft. It said they were going to turn off my Windows 10 in 48 hours since my isp address had been compromised. It is a scam. This week I have had two or three calls that show my own home phone as the caller on my caller ID. It starts with a recording from some lady named Shirley and she says the same thing about shutting my computer down. The first time I just hung up. Today I pressed the number for a tech. He came on the line and I asked if he was with Microsoft to which he replied yes. I could hear other people in the background. I told him bull***** you are a thief and you are running a scam. Then he was gone.
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Hookers under Hood

Angry

What do you think?
Good Luck Danny Dan,
Is this how you plan on saving for you future Classic Olds Car ? Ken and others nailed it !
Go find another forum to play on .
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Good luck, I would not give my credit/debit info to any goofy site. They actually charge your card $1.85 if you read the user agreement.
Thanks for pointing about extra 85 cents haven't noticed it.
Guys i understand how you feel new guy posting and etc. It's just i found this site the same day i found this forum and i just thought to share it with and get your advice that's all. Sorry if it offended y'alll.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Since we are talking about scams, .
I use a MAC and somewhere, from a visit to a website, My MAC downloaded a program called Mac Cleaner. It was totally not of my choice and not needed for a Mac that is kept updated. Luckily, I know how to get rid of the application and all of its files before it does any harm.
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Guys i understand how you feel new guy posting and etc. It's just i found this site the same day i found this forum and i just thought to share it with and get your advice that's all. Sorry if it offended y'alll.
No offense, it may or may not be legit. Most of us would pass...
Old August 30th, 2018, 11:58 AM

Your posts are very similar to other "proof of legitimacy" posts that scammers are now using. Dig up a recent thread, say something meaningless, make a few posts, then crank up the scams. So, I don't believe you. Feel free to hang around and prove me wrong.
Old August 30th, 2018, 01:15 PM

Yeah, post a picture of your Olds for us.
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:21 PM

When you edited your first post, you should have removed that link...otherwise opinions remain unchanged...
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:31 PM

So Dan, or should we call you Anton? From what I can tell you're the one who benefits from us visiting your campaign and paying a dollar to vote. Kinda like coming in here and asking us all to send you a dollar. https://www.friendcentive.com/how << Explains how the site works.

Then you make new accounts in other sites, post your link and act all friendly. Like over in All About Cars. A quick google search for your username of Anton22 shows pages of similar spam in many forums. Fun71 nailed it with his first post.

Go find another corner to panhandle from.
Attached Images
File Type: png
anton22.png (198.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by VI Cutty; August 30th, 2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old August 30th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Hookers under Hood

Kenneth,
Danny Dan, doesn't own an Olds nor any make from the classic car era. His first post was to inform us of his intentions to purchase one in the future, until then just hang out and be a part of the group.
Koda,
I agree with your thinking, Danny Dan should prove this thread wrong by beginning to talk Oldsmobile's, the years he has interest in along with his future intentions once he becomes an Olds owner.
Until then, his posts are meaningless.
Everyone here has their opinions with Danny, including myself.
Maybe he will shift his posts in a meaningful direction. If not , I'm sure Eric and other Mods will govern him accordingly.
Its your call Danny Dan, talk Oldsmobile's ! Tell us about your interest, year, make , model . Be it performance, or pleasure driving in our hobby.
Until then.... Anuf-Said !
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I looked back at all 6 of Danny boys posts. After review of them and the fact he would not delete the link on this post, I believe he is a scammer and should be banned from this site.
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by 76olds
Kenneth,
Danny Dan, doesn't own an Olds nor any make from the classic car era. His first post was to inform us of his intentions to purchase one in the future, until then just hang out and be a part of the group.
Koda,
I agree with your thinking, Danny Dan should prove this thread wrong by beginning to talk Oldsmobile's, the years he has interest in along with his future intentions once he becomes an Olds owner.
Until then, his posts are meaningless.
Everyone here has their opinions with Danny, including myself.
Maybe he will shift his posts in a meaningful direction. If not , I'm sure Eric and other Mods will govern him accordingly.
Its your call Danny Dan, talk Oldsmobile's ! Tell us about your interest, year, make , model . Be it performance, or pleasure driving in our hobby.
Until then.... Anuf-Said !
Well said, my friend, and, as you say, "put her there!"

Old August 31st, 2018, 01:43 AM

Yeah, let's cut the crap. I'm a big bad spammer) So you can highfive each other because your figured it out and ban me. I just want to say that you have an awesome tight knit community ( this is by far biggest responses i got) and i hope it will be the same way for a long time. About your website it's not a scam ( it's like lottery but i think with better chances to win, if you think that lottery is a scam well can't change your mind) your card data is protected by stripe so you nobody can steal it. So you may think it's dumb lottery with a little chance for you to win, it's your right, but it's not a scam. That all you, will never see me again, good night and good luck to you all)
Old August 31st, 2018, 03:54 AM

Adios
Old August 31st, 2018, 10:16 AM
Rocket Renegade!

Toodle-oo!