General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fall Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:20 PM

Fall Carlisle

I went to Carlisle today couldn't believe the deals I got.My brother bought an old 2 ton floor jack the big one like they use on trucks.It was marked $30 the guy said thats what he paid for it but he couldn't get to work.We bought it for $20.Before we got it out of guy's spot someone offered us $50 my brother hesitantly turned him down,well the guy kept upping his offer until it was up to $100.I think my brother had a hard time turning him down.I said you know you're going to kick your self latter no matter what you do.All the while the guy that sold it to us for $20 standing watching he even made a point to mention what we paid for it.
railguy
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:39 PM

Went yesterday, dropped off a bumper at Tri City for rechrome, ordered seat covers from Legendary. Got a few things from Fusick and found a hood insulation blanket for 5 bucks. I also picked up some sandpaper for the board sander. I passed on a 7o Cutlass manual trans flywheel and plate for 135 and he had Hooker SB headers for 80 bucks.
Old October 5th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Old(s) Fart

Got home late Sat night after being at Carlisle since Wed. Within minutes of pulling into my spaces on Wed, I bought a pair of dually fenders for my truck for $40. I've been looking for years. Also got a pair of new, repro full quarters for the G-body ElCo for $150 and a Harbor Freight spot welder for $90. Picked up the front and back door weatherstripping for the 64 Vista from Steele. They only sell the 66-67 weatherstrip, which is slightly different due to the kick-up in the beltline. I brought my old ones to compare. The difference is about 3" in length along the back edge of the rear door. Steele is sending me additional extrusion for free to splice in to the 66-67 weatherstrips. Got the front and back bumper fillers from Fusick and dropped off the Vista bumpers and pot metal trim with Qual Krom. The did a phenomenal job on pot metal parts for my friend Scott's Jetfire, so I went with them. Heart stopping prices on chrome plating these days, however.

The 1970 Supreme SX discussed in this thread was parked outside the auction building with a SOLD sign on it. What a turd. The car looks worse in person than it did in the photos on Hemmings (the ad is unfortunately no longer on line) - and I saw the car at night! I have no idea what it sold for.