General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

door strikers

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2011, 06:06 PM

door strikers

i know this was discussed not to long ago but i cant seem to find it. i am looking for 2 door strikers for my 70 pace car and do not want to pay some of these crazy prices i see on ebay for correct nos. i would like to get the correct ones with the star head and steel roller. anybody know where to find them? or a good place to find nice original used ones? also what is the original finish on these or are they painted? thanks for any help.
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Hi Charlie
I've got some from a 1972 if that would be the same. I'll try to get pictures for you to consider, probably on Saturday. John
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2blu442
Hi Charlie
I've got some from a 1972 if that would be the same. I'll try to get pictures for you to consider, probably on Saturday. John
great,, i will wait to hear from you!
Old May 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by charlierogers
i know this was discussed not to long ago but i cant seem to find it. i am looking for 2 door strikers for my 70 pace car and do not want to pay some of these crazy prices i see on ebay for correct nos. i would like to get the correct ones with the star head and steel roller. anybody know where to find them? or a good place to find nice original used ones? also what is the original finish on these or are they painted? thanks for any help.
That was a thread that I started. Like you I was curious about replacement door strikers and didn't want to look at replacements that were wrong. John (2blu442) helped with the discussion. He suggested that door strikers that were most often in great shape as OEM (not NOS) can be obtained from the rear doors of 4 door cars. Stroke of bloody brilliance. Hardly anyone I know used the back doors that much. We just slide over the front seat when heading for the back one..
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:14 AM

Man, that's a great idea...I have some of those I'm putting my '68 convert together and strikers is on the list...
Old May 21st, 2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
That was a thread that I started. Like you I was curious about replacement door strikers and didn't want to look at replacements that were wrong. John (2blu442) helped with the discussion. He suggested that door strikers that were most often in great shape as OEM (not NOS) can be obtained from the rear doors of 4 door cars. Stroke of bloody brilliance. Hardly anyone I know used the back doors that much. We just slide over the front seat when heading for the back one..

thanks!!!!