General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

doing it and bs.

Search this Thread

Old April 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I am convinced there is an Oldsmobile on another planet.
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Those numbers will never happen. Talk to the people who have done the byron bop and greatlakes bop. I don't think the numbers have ever hit 100 entry's
Old April 5th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Old School Olds

I'm going fishing.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by jfb
I guess it still needs clarification to some, I am talking about a day of drag racing around october 1 on 1 competition. I checked this yesterday for updating purposes not super proper pemanship. I have to much activity this time of the year for bs. I said yesterday if you have a lot to do good luck and i respect that,I did it also at 1 time. I will once again say this if we get around 220 to 300 people guys or women we can lower the costs. keep it going until completion. I will check around may 1st again. If this does not work out i usually run all summer with friends not somebodys bs. leave your handle and a yes if interested posted.
So in all your babble this is the true message? You want to have a 300 car heads up race in your area? Or are you trying to get 250 to 300 guys or women together to go do it and bs?

You make no sense...

Here is an example of a clear form of communication:

Who: San Antonio Olds Club
What: Buick, Olds, Pontiac (BOP) Shootout
When: May 11, 2013
Where: San Antonio Raceway

Please message ah64pilot or 70wcars if you need directions. Hope to see you there!
Old April 9th, 2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
So in all your babble this is the true message? You want to have a 300 car heads up race in your area? Or are you trying to get 250 to 300 guys or women together to go do it and bs?

You make no sense...

Please message ah64pilot or 70wcars if you need directions. Hope to see you there!
Bingo! There it is
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Steve Y U B hijack'n his thread?
Old April 9th, 2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Steve Y U B hijack'n his thread?
Hey, it was the perfect example...and it's the only thing in 2 pages that has made any sense...

Besides, he wants a race...why doesn't he come out and meet all of us
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:46 PM

jfb, I think you're asking the wrong crowd. This site seems (to me at least) to be more restoration oriented than race. I've seen a little race talk here, but definitely not hundreds of cars' worth. Good luck!

I've driven and hauled my junk to Norwalk in years past. She needs some help before she sees the track again.

The DMR race is a blast. Especially, hangin' with the ROP crowd. I've never made Byron; it's quite a haul from MD.
Old April 9th, 2013, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by fleming442
jfb, I think you're asking the wrong crowd. This site seems (to me at least) to be more restoration oriented than race. I've seen a little race talk here, but definitely not hundreds of cars' worth. Good luck!

I've driven and hauled my junk to Norwalk in years past. She needs some help before she sees the track again.

The DMR race is a blast. Especially, hangin' with the ROP crowd. I've never made Byron; it's quite a haul from MD.
I don't think the problem is the orientation of the site, it's the lack of clear and concise communication that is the problem.
Old April 10th, 2013, 02:34 AM

I don't think the problem is the orientation of the site, it's the lack of clear and concise communication that is the problem.
Well, I suppose being fluent in Jive and Ebonics helps. Whatssamatta you whitebread honkies ain't be pickin' up what my man heah be layin' down?
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM
jfb

I can see this is going nowhere yet obviously just a lot of talking here on this site. I completely understand if people have projects to complete so did i at 1 time that is cool in the fact of getting it done. I have never seen so many people though who have things to do just wasting time on a computer hmm very interesting though. mr pilot I was leaving this open to all who can get here to the illinois indiana border or 41. i fly to texas or houston mostly to see friends. I do not have the time constantly to play games or yap about it. I think that computers are for use then put away until needed i do not live on one. I said earlier that this will be open until may. I will not check this like a hawk until then,. I have a real job and a life plus other interests!
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:17 PM

Sorry man...now I totally see what you were saying. Lets just get off the computers and do it.

Thanks jfb for trying to bring us all together to do it. Its not every day someone makes an attempt to meet up with other enthusiasts in person to just do it. But now that you mention it I was in Dallas a few weeks ago and met two other members. If was fun to get together and do it with them, the three of us together...all doing it.

I wish I could make it to IL in may to do it with you as well but with the NHRA Nationals this weekend, the NRA Convention next weekend and the BOP shootout May 11th I won't have time. Maybe next time.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:08 PM

You make no sense...

this I understand! I've been lost for 2 pages now! so did he rent the track for the weekend or just wanting to hang out,BS, and do it?
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Steve if he is trying to bring us all together to do it . I think we are in trouble . Depending of the interpritation of do it i think it would make for a sore day afterwards.
Old April 29th, 2013, 06:42 PM
jfb

hey if you are getting your ride done that is cool i had to do it also at one time. maybe this can happen in the future sometime. I will be out enjoying my ride and racing this year. good luck this is over.