General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Detroit area

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2010, 03:43 PM

Detroit area

Is there any one that could check out an EBAY car near Detroit ? It's a 66 Vista that ends in a couple days . I'm currently the high bidder but not too confident on buying a car sight unseen . Looks "OK" IN THE PICTURES , but he said he has no shots of it prior to the repaint . Any help would be great. Thanks , TOM
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by toms vista
Is there any one that could check out an EBAY car near Detroit ? It's a 66 Vista that ends in a couple days . I'm currently the high bidder but not too confident on buying a car sight unseen . Looks "OK" IN THE PICTURES , but he said he has no shots of it prior to the repaint . Any help would be great. Thanks , TOM
Hi Tom, I work in Metro Detroit, and I am on the road alot. Send me a pm and I will see what I can do. I will also send you a pm with my cell phone number so you can call.

Joe
Old October 21st, 2010, 05:56 AM

i live/work in the nw detroit area. let me know where the car is and i could look at it for ya.
Old October 21st, 2010, 07:24 AM

Thanks for the help guys . The car is at 21620 Melrose Ave. in Southfield Mi 48075. Mike Melville is the contact person at 248-304-9091.(It's a high end car dealer ? )
Old October 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM

Joe , I want to thank you for checking out this car . It' s a great thing to know there are good people out there who will help a 'stranger '. Too bad the car sold while you were there checking it out. Hope it goes to a good home . THANKS AGAIN , TOM !
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by toms vista
Joe , I want to thank you for checking out this car . It' s a great thing to know there are good people out there who will help a 'stranger '. Too bad the car sold while you were there checking it out. Hope it goes to a good home . THANKS AGAIN , TOM !
Glad I could help Tom. Sorry it did not work out. There are a lot of good folks in Michigan. Most of them are on this site....Keep us posted on the progreass of the 72' Vista.

Joe
Old October 22nd, 2010, 03:47 AM
Registered

How was the car?
It looked like a badly prepped quick paint job to sell it with not much else really done to me.
Going by what they didn't do I wouldn't of touched it for that price, especially from a dealer.