General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Curious if anyone has dad's first olds on here

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2015, 09:46 AM

Curious if anyone has dad's first olds on here

I have owned over 60 Oldsmobiles. Several 442's of most of the years they were made. What got me started was the one my father bought brand new. It was our family car. That car is a 67 Olds 442 2 door hardtop holiday coupe set up originally as follows: Gold, parchment bench seat, 4 speed, manual steering and brakes, heater and am radio only, 3:55 posi and no other options that I recall. It had the wire hub caps the entire time he had it from 67-73 when he traded it in on a new Chevy truck.
The car was purchased new from Huffman Olds in Portland Oregon. We lived in Gresham Oregon. It was traded in at Ed Randall Chevytown in Portland Oregon in 73. I am curious if anyone has this car. We never saw it again after that. It was very original and drove and looked awesome when he traded it in. I am just curious if anyone knows it's whereabouts.

If you know of anything let me know

Thanks
Larry
Redmond, Oregon
lemoldsnut@aol.com
541-815-4363
Old January 19th, 2015, 09:59 AM

My dad was all bowtie on this side of the pond.
Old January 22nd, 2015, 09:16 AM

owning as many as you have im surprised you havent come acrossed it yet. might have been right under your nose at points or maybe it left the state.
Old February 1st, 2015, 07:36 AM

you would think. My dad was/is one that would tell stories and I mean the kind that never were true. So, hard to tell what is real and what is not. He told me that it was wrecked by one of the mechanics at the dealership shortly after it was traded in. But, I don't believe him. Like I said he is a story teller. Or full of BS if you wish. I love him dearly but that is the truth. My first car was a 67 442 with a 4 speed and he was so mad that I had that car. He wished he still had his so he sbaotaged mine. Then I bought another and another and pretty soon he bought one again it was similar to his original one in looks but was a floor shift auto with power windows and tach and gauges with black interior. A very nice car he ended up having to sell in teh crunch in the early 80's. I would love to find his original car even if just to see it. It would be nice to know it is still alive. I grew up with that as our family car. Never know.
Old February 1st, 2015, 08:43 AM

The jetstar 1 that I bought a few weeks ago was what my dad had when he and mom were married in 1966. He was an olds man and has pictures of them all. I'll try to get copies of them next time I'm hone.
Old February 2nd, 2015, 08:25 AM

I'm a little younger, so I'll talk about my granddad. He owned a Graham Paige, my dad's 49 Plymouth, two 50 DeSotos, a 56 Olds 88 4 door two tone green with something called a Power Pack, a 60 blue Olds Dynamic 88 (with the red, yellow, green speedo), a 63 Bird, a 72 Monte Carlo, a 73 Chevelle, and a 75 Ford Econoline.

One DeSoto, both Olds's, the bird, the Monte Carlo, the van, and the Chevelle were there when he passed, all got sold except the Monte Carlo. The 56 would have been good to save, but it was rusty. The 60 was a boat.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:29 AM

Was hoping to start a thread about finding Dad's car. Any leads.