General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Color scheme thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2011 | 05:25 AM

Color scheme thoughts?

Been contemplating the color scheme im going to do with my 72' Supreme. I thought for a long time about making it a 71' SX clone. But I look more and more at it and the 455 im building for it and everything is 72' to the core. I love the Hurst/Olds stuff and wanted to have a few Hurst oriented pieces in my car, then i noticed 72' had the Indy pace car H/O, which is even sweeter living in Indy myself. But im just not a fan of the white. I love the gold but white cars arent my cup-o-tea. So here's my idea, let me know what you think...

Thinking i might do a 72' H/O scheme only in black instead of white and deleting the upper stripes along the tops of the fenders/quarters. However i'll keep the lower stripe and add the chrome trim piece that goes across the middle of the door and surrounds the side-markers. This chrome strip will seperate the gold bottom from the black top. Then i'll have the gold stripes and ram-air hood with 71 or 72 442 grills (probly 71'), spoiler, and the H/O emblems (replacing the Cutlass Supreme logos on the vinyl top and replacing the "Cutlass" name on the trunk). Any thoughts? I mean i know its my car to do what i want with but i still like friendly input

Also It will have black interior with a dual-gate shifter or 4-speed (havent quite made up my mind yet). Ga-headed 455 and a whole "black and gold" treatment under the hood (gold painted motor, gold brake cylinder, etc, maybe off-set with some black accessories like air filter)
Old November 14th, 2011 | 05:27 AM

http://www.highoctaneauto.com/113642...oCutlassSX.jpg

Actually it would look a lot like this only with the chrome side-strip to part the black and gold, and a spoiler and the whole 71/72 front end deal of course