General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Classified for sale ads without pics or general info

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2016, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Classified for sale ads without pics or general info

Why is it that people neglect to post a price and location (a requirement on this site) in their ad? They also don't take the time to post a proper description or they refer to a craigslist, ebay, or some other internet link that also is poorly written and lacks pertinent info and pictures. My biggest pet peeve is they don't post any pictures, or not enough, and they are of such extreme poor quality they don't properly represent the item/vehicle. A classified ad is to perk the interest of a perspective buyer looking for that particular car/item or to perk their interest into buying something they really don't need. When I find ads like this I just get frustrated and skip them, I will not take the time to contact the OP/owner of the item if they were too lazy to post that info in the first place or I assume the item is in such poor condition that its not worth the effort to pursue it any further.
Old July 31st, 2016, 08:45 AM
Old School Olds

I try and post pics with my ads and am usually willing to ship depending
on the item. I don't usually say where the items are, but if they look at
my avatar, it's there. Like you, I don't understand why a person doesn't
snap a few pics to add to a description.
Old July 31st, 2016, 09:33 AM
Administrator

I want to specify that my original post is more directed towards Cars for Sale and Specialty/Performance Parts for Sale ads rather than the run of the mill parts for sale or parts lists from parts cars. A location in the header is not required if you list your location in your avatar section.
Old July 31st, 2016, 09:35 AM

The level of detail varies from person to person.
Some people are OCD while others do not actually see the difference between a good ad and a bad one.
That's just a part of nature.

I usually don't even waste time on ads that have no pictures. I just don't have the time or inclination to ask for pictures from someone who was too lazy to post them in the first place.
Old July 31st, 2016, 02:28 PM

You guys can whine and bitch all you want it wont change the way I post my adds. Ive done pretty well with the way I do it.If someone doesnt want to answer one of my adds because they have to call me or request pics They are the ones loosing out,actually I consider them the lazy ones.

Greg
Old July 31st, 2016, 08:06 PM

I am sorry my adds don't have pictures. I am not good at posting them. ERIC you know this is my problem. I will text my pictures on any of my adds. I state that in my adds. I wasn't aware of guys not liking my adds. Again i am sorry and apologize. Neeley in Kansas
Old July 31st, 2016, 08:35 PM

Neeley..what part of Kansas?

I can help with pics...if you have a cell you can do it easy...sign up for a photobucket acct..its free..get the app on your phone its free...it will load to the acct with 2 button pushes..then when you make your ad...its as easy as copy and paste...really simple..ive talked people thru it over the phone...very very simple
Old July 31st, 2016, 09:30 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I have all of you beat.

When I want to sell something, I don't post a picture.
I don't post a price.
I don't even post a description.

In fact, I don't even post an ad. I just wait for people to call me and make offers.

Saves me a ton of time that I could be wasting reading responses, dickering over prices, packing and shipping things, and spending the money I would earn.

- Eric
Old August 1st, 2016, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by marxjunk
Neeley..what part of Kansas?

I can help with pics...if you have a cell you can do it easy...sign up for a photobucket acct..its free..get the app on your phone its free...it will load to the acct with 2 button pushes..then when you make your ad...its as easy as copy and paste...really simple..ive talked people thru it over the phone...very very simple
I will contact you when i do a add again. I am in Rosehill Kansas.
Old August 1st, 2016, 06:08 AM

well you have 3 generations of sellers right now. in those 3 generations the technology has changed a ton. one generation lived most of their lives with newspaper ads and swap meets, my generation lived the first part of our car journey with that and the second part with ebay and the like and the 3rd gen knows electronic only and needs that instant gratification.