General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Central New Jersey Carb Tuner

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2013, 10:40 AM

Central New Jersey Carb Tuner

Hey gang,
Can anyone recommend someone in the central Jersey area to really fine tune my 68 Cutlass. 4bbl Summit Quadrajet, 3 inch headers to 2.5 inch true dual exhaust. No matter how I adjust it I either lose all low end and it cruises great or I have great low end and crappy everything else. Had my muffler explode on me. Puttin new ones on asap then i want to get it adjusted/rejetted/timed, whatever. Thanks for the help!
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:29 AM

Anyone?
Old May 8th, 2013, 06:40 AM

-

Not really CNJ but they say Steve's in Lyndhurst or East Rutherford (I forget which) is the bees knees.
Old May 8th, 2013, 01:43 PM

Hey! I live in Parlin! lols I am no guru.. but I have turned some screws.. I'll be off all week starting next week (Staycation) Maybe we can figure it out.

Other than that, the only place in the area I know of that still plays with old stuff like ours.. is Jerry, of Jerrys garage in Fords. It's a father and son shop on New Brunswick Ave. He's been building up gen 5 Camaros as of late, and even founded a street club for them. -Roy
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by 68oldscutlass
Hey gang,
Can anyone recommend someone in the central Jersey area to really fine tune my 68 Cutlass. 4bbl Summit Quadrajet, 3 inch headers to 2.5 inch true dual exhaust. No matter how I adjust it I either lose all low end and it cruises great or I have great low end and crappy everything else. Had my muffler explode on me. Puttin new ones on asap then i want to get it adjusted/rejetted/timed, whatever. Thanks for the help!
What method did you use to adjust your carb? Where is your timing set to? Do you know your current jetting?
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Daycab
Hey! I live in Parlin! lols I am no guru.. but I have turned some screws.. I'll be off all week starting next week (Staycation) Maybe we can figure it out.

Other than that, the only place in the area I know of that still plays with old stuff like ours.. is Jerry, of Jerrys garage in Fords. It's a father and son shop on New Brunswick Ave. He's been building up gen 5 Camaros as of late, and even founded a street club for them. -Roy
Small world. Awesome. I will see what I can make work. Work is crazy. Tuesday might work. Getting root canal fixed at noon in town so maybe after? And if after checking out my setup we can't do anything then ill definitely check your place out. I'll be in touch dude. PM me your cell please. Thanks.
Mike.
Old May 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
My 73HO

I used a Eddies Valve grinding in north NJ for my motor and he had a guy do my Q jet.
I recommend his services!