General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Cdn Olds Nats - Bracebridge, Aug. 2010

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:27 PM

Cdn Olds Nats - Bracebridge, Aug. 2010

A good time was had by all, at the Canadian Oldsmobile Club Of Canada Nationals, Bracebridge, Ontario, August 20-22, 2010.

Here's some pics...

DSC04813sm.jpg
DSC04812sm.jpg
DSC04806sm.jpg
DSC04790sm.jpg
DSC04789sm.jpg
DSC04792sm.jpg
DSC04791sm.jpg
DSC04794sm.jpg
DSC04793sm.jpg
DSC04795sm.jpg
DSC04796sm.jpg
DSC04798sm.jpg
DSC04800sm.jpg
DSC04802sm.jpg
DSC04805sm.jpg
DSC04810sm.jpg
DSC04811sm.jpg

The following pics are of Jaybird & Lauriebird's 67 Delta 88 Custom. Notice our new N.O.S. radio antenna. We also purchased a N.O.S. trunk light.
DSC04807sm.jpg
DSC04816sm.jpg
DSC04820sm.jpg
I'm very proud to say that our car won two trophies!

Yeah!!!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:48 PM
Crazy Canuck

It was a great day with some really nice cars and even nicer people. It was nice that the rain held off.

Wayne
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:57 PM
olds..older..oldest

OCC Congrats

Congratulations Jaybird on the two trophy's!! That car showed well and REALLY stood out . My camera battery died , so hopefully others got pics on Saturday, especially that '62 F85 Cutlass vert, the white '61, and the green '61 88's. I didn't feel to bad losing out to a '72 442 vert that got a first at Sturbridge , and Bill Nagribianko's '71 W30 that got a first at OCA 2-3 years ago! I have done surgery in operating rooms that weren't as clean as those engine bays!! Great to see everyone...more pics please
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the photos and congrats on the trophies. Looks like a great turnout. About how many cars were there total, do you know?
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
olds..older..oldest

Jamesbo , We did have our discussion and time of mourning for your H/O at the OCC . It was heart-warming to find out how many show attendees had heard about the incident from various Olds websites. You would have been amused to see the guy from Michigan who trailered up his '69 H/O. He had a model of it rotating on a turntable on his rear package tray , and a fully striped out Hurst Olds cooler with seat and gears that you can drive around the parking lot! Derek
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:59 PM
Land Yacht Captain

Great pics Jay. I was pleased to be able to meet you and your lovely wife. Congrats on the wins, they are well deserved.

I had a good time. Even though I wasn't in the show itself.

Seems strange to me the way the show was run. Does the OCA make you join their club before you can enter the OCA nationals?

If you want to attract people to your club and shows don't put a bad taste in their mouth right off the get go by saying "only members of our club can participate"and "if you want to enter your car in the show you must first become a paid member then pay to enter the show.

Just goes to show you why the turnout at the OCC Nationals has been pitiful the last few years.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by 66ninetyeightls
Does the OCA make you join their club before you can enter the OCA nationals?
Yes. And you HAVE to pre-register by a certain date, so no pulling in on the day of the show and registering, even if you are an OCA member, and there is a limit to the number of cars that will be allowed on the showfield, which I'm guessing is determined by the size of the show field.

Last edited by jaunty75; August 22nd, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:17 PM

Well... Since I'm a new member and I have no idea how they run the club, I can't really comment on the club's rules & regs.
I suppose, after someone is a member for a while, they could persuade the executive or the membership to change the rules to a better way.
Who knows? Not me!
It was just fun to be there for the first time.
Hi to everyone who was there.
I want to see some more pictures!!!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM

We drove up on Friday and visited with many friends,went over to Boston Pizza for dinner then headed home.Saturday our daughter Laura drove up early to help Keith Moore set up and just give a helping hand where ever needed.The rest of us returned to Bracebridge later in the morning,paid to park in show and I did my turn at judging.Being a member of a club requires input and helping when asked.
I think our new pres did a fantastic job and I like the idea of moving the nationals around from town to town,I also think that a spring dust off or early show just for fun would make for an interesting time or doing a day cruise around maybe fall drive to pumpkinfest and check out the fall colours.
The reason for a poor turnout over the last few years is not an easy answer,some people like myself have been driving to London since the start of the club and need a change of venue,I have watched trees grow from saplings to giant pines.
This club has progressively gone down hill since the National meet in 94 and doing a national meet takes alot out of people who volunteer and also have jobs and lives.
Our president at that time moved on to become head judge for the OCA and management changed and they seemed happy with the status-quo.I support the new president and the decisions he is making.
After all is said and done it was a great time and a great show and Jay's 67 looks and shows well earning him the awards he recieved.
And the gluten free pizza I got from Pizza-Pizza across the street was the best one I have had so far.

Steve
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:06 AM

Am I gonna have to change my original posting that, 'A Good Time Was Had By All at the 2010 Canadian Oldsmobile Nationals'? Should I now say, 'A Good Time Was Had By Most of the participants'?
My wife Laurie and I had a good time. I just wanted to see more pictures of the show.
Enough carping 'bout stuff you weren't happy with.
Let's see more pictures!!!

Also... Let me highjack my own thread... I need some stainless steel wheel well trim for my 67 Delta Custom Holiday Coupe. Do you guys have a good line on scrap yards, wrecking yards, parts places, etc.? I found one place in Oklahoma that wanted $675.00 for two pieces of stainless. Ouch! Please post some links to good parts yards!!!
Jaybird
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:16 PM

I have been reading this thread since it started.

Great to hear everyone had fun.

I like the pics posted so far, and hopefully more will be posted later.

I was actually considering attending the OCC Nationals this year since this is the closest it has been for me yet. But due to work, and the fact I had already registered for the OCA Nationals, I could not make it.
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks for posting the pics!!! They are such beautiful cars!!!
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Past Administrator

Ok gents, this thread has been split into two threads. There was a running discussion about car clubs and membership and shows etc that contributors to this thread decided to have split into it's own thread so we did. It is in the same "general discussion" forum.